When wa the owls last signing of which the fans all wanted eg Antonio

Absolutely this.

Pity is we let John Harkes go who was a better team player and more productive, if not a left winger.

We also tried to force Sinton into our way of playing expecting him to beat his man and deliver a quality cross from the touch line, whereas at QPR who were more counter attacking, he tended to play on the shoulder of the full back and get in behind direct on goal. Remember a game against a depleted Chelsea team where he had about 30 chances to cross, made 5 crosses and only got one above knee height!

Extra disappointment for the Regi Blinker effect of two goals early in career too (although we were bloody awful at the start of 93/94) followed by an increasing sense of disappointment.

I think it was the FA Cup replay against Chelsea (1-3 after extra time) you mentioned, with Chelsea attempting to confuse us by wearing our away kit or something.

The only player Sinton ever had the measure of for us was Neil Cox, the same Neil Cox of whom Mark Pembridge later had the measure. which leads me to believe that Neil Cox was complete throw.

Semedo and before that the players I was most excited about when we signed them, were players like Di Canio, Petter Rudi, Niklas Alexandersson and Emerson Thome (albeit I was very young when those signed).

Andy Sinton. The final piece in the jigsaw. We needed a proper left winger, so we went out and bought the best in the country , England international costing �2.75M. Everybody seemed to agree he was the best around and we got him.

He was ****!

Good point, I still wonder why it took Francis so long to realise that we needed a left midfielder/winger. Worthington was doing a good job there but his best position was left back and there were better left midfielders/wingers around than him. We should have signed someone in 91 ahead of the 91/92 season. We did sign Waddle the following season, I wonder if Francis intended him to play left wing rather than right? But we did not sign Sinton until 1993!