Mark Smith

I really hope the fact that Mark Smith was sat in the Directors' box is An indication that he is getting involved with our academy again. Also, it would be good if we could get Peter Eustace involved in our scouting setup again.

Edited by shandypants

I really hope the fact that Mark Smith was sat in the Directors' box is An indication that he is getting involved with our academy again. Also, it would be good if we could get Peter Eustace involved in our scouting setup again.

Why on earth would you want the man who brought Darren Wood to Hillsborough, anywhere near our scouting network? Mark Smith has a brilliant reputation in youth circles, but Eustace must be a friend or a family member for you to suggest him coming back to SWFC. Besides Dave Jones has been successful enough over the years with his own scouting network, who presumably he'll continue to use.

No

I think it's absolutely ESSENTIAL that the only criteria for any vacancies at the club is that you had a link in the past to our club

Forget calibre, quality, skill etc - it's all about being 'one of us' innit

To be fair, it has been successful in the past. One only has to think back to how well we performed when one of our legends, Danny Wilson, took over as manager, and who can forget the success we had under the other local lad, an d Wednesday hero, Chris Turner. One can't comment on what would have happened, had Megson not been removed from his post, but I suspect we'd still be playing third division football next season. You're right Neil, people we know, and who know the club are always the best option.

To be fair, it has been successful in the past. One only has to think back to how well we performed when one of our legends, Danny Wilson, took over as manager, and who can forget the success we had under the other local lad, an d Wednesday hero, Chris Turner. One can't comment on what would have happened, had Megson not been removed from his post, but I suspect we'd still be playing third division football next season. You're right Neil, people we know, and who know the club are always the best option.

OMG - I think Wolfmanjack has finally 'got' Owlstalk !

lol

Today is a GREAT day !

Welcome mate - you've been a long time coming...

Owlstalk Shop

Yeah - it's REALLY important we always look BACKWARDS and also that we ALWAYS look for former Sheffield Wednesday players to get involved at the club

That's a formula for real success innit

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Thanks for that mate. It's great that you made me look a tvvat without establishing why I made the statement.

For those who are interested the fact that they are ex-players is irrelevant.

Mark Smith is known as an excellent youth coach and I believe he had a real effect at SUFC Academy and appeared to do well when he was here before.

WolfManJack - I may be wrong but I believe that Eustace was the person that unearthed Brunt, Whelan et al. I am not related to Eustace nor is he a family friend.

Edited by shandypants

No

I think it's absolutely ESSENTIAL that the only criteria for any vacancies at the club is that you had a link in the past to our club

Forget calibre, quality, skill etc - it's all about being 'one of us' innit

Well in that case, where do I sign? . . . . . gary megson

I went to a reserve game once and it was being led by Mark Smith.

He spent the game shouting and swearing at the players offering no tactical advice just stuff like 'get in there'.

From this I would rather he doesn't come back - the polar opposite of what we need. Now we have cash we will be able to hire a much better coach!

I don't think getting too may people with past links to the club is the answer. We've got Bully in but think the academy head coach should be someone with a good breeding and new ideas. DJ has brought a few new ideas to the table and MM has changed the scouting network so let's not take a step back now!