Mark Smith

Mark Smith had a big influence down at the academy a few years ago and he was allowed to leave. I have personal experience of that time due to my Son playing at the academy during his tenure, without wanting to expand any further on that, I for one would not want him involved in the future of our academy.

Guest dave jones n.1

My mate is a physio at hillsbro, he works with the development squad ( he keeps his cards as close to his chest as d. Jones so soz no inside info). He says that macauly will be sorely missed, as he is highly regarded as a coach. We have lost burton and now macauly, we could do with a couple of quality coaches coming,...not sure if bullen is the right man. I loved him as a player but that doesn't necessarily make him the right choice as a coach.

Mark Smith had a big influence down at the academy a few years ago and he was allowed to leave. I have personal experience of that time due to my Son playing at the academy during his tenure, without wanting to expand any further on that, I for one would not want him involved in the future of our academy.

That is the problem though.

Most people do not know the reason he left.

They will have seen, that he did a good job.

There are, as far as i know, only a few of us on here, that know why.

I don't think getting too may people with past links to the club is the answer. We've got Bully in but think the academy head coach should be someone with a good breeding and new ideas. DJ has brought a few new ideas to the table and MM has changed the scouting network so let's not take a step back now!

Great point. I was just being a little sentimental (probably mental!) but there's no room for sentiment in football really.