People who trump at games....

Guest Athelstan

Wards's used to be worst for that...

Blooody Wards's bitter... I'm sure they added trump powder to it.. it could be a great point when it was on though...

I'm sure it was to do with the River Porter water...

My missus reckons all Real Ale has farting powder added to it.

Don't know where she gets that idea from cos she drinks lager.

A guy in front of me followed through against PNE..very messy situation

Argh - just had a flashback to a Charlton game at the Valley a few seasons back (think it was this game http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-1-2-sheffield-wednesday-731213) . We had a quick Thai early supper after the game and then I went to let one go at the bus stop - and sharted all down my left leg. We ended up having to stop at the Dome just for me to hop / limp into the toilets and abandon my irredeemably soiled boxers there. Haven't been back to SE7 since...

Guest Sailmaker

I have just finished reading all your posts over lunch and I have found the points made in the discussion hard to swallow.

This is not just a problem common to your fair isle. Post Festive Flatulence (PFF), more commonly known here as "turkey trump" is deemed a dangerous risk at North American sporting events, where both the stadia and spectators are significantly larger.

The problem arises due to turkey trump flatus being heavier than air. As a result, in still conditions, this flatus sinks down the banks of seating, where it can form a barely discernible fug that can cause both asphyxiation and potentially dangerous flammable conditions.

Because of the risk and the prevalent compensation culture, some of the larger and more enclosed stadia have now installed "flatus blowers" to disperse the said fumes.

Guest Paulos_Medication

About 15 years ago I was working for a company who made electronic equipment that could replace sensory panels for food testing. Part of the test was odour. We were contacted by a researcher from Cambridge university who wanted to use our equipment to detect trumps and determine which foods were worst for odour.

His name ...........Dr Colin Leaky.

True story bro.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Everyone must fart several times at matches I've often considered this and thought that if we had a roof on and we recycled the air to collect the methane I reckon we could use it to generate enough electricity to powr the floodies for at least part of the match, this could work in other venues too, such as the last night of the proms, those tory nobs with all their champagne, foie gras and caviar must generate LOADS of gas this sort of thing could contribute around 1% to our energy reduction target I reckon....

Guest Paulos_Medication

Pre all-seater stadia I used to be a carefree trumper.

Sadly I have become increasingly scared to do one now that the club know who sits where etc.... They have so much data on us now. The cameras can zoom in so well that I hear they can detect trouser ruffle even at the back of the north. They may also now have the capability for thermal imagining but have decided not to switch it on for fear of escalating the situation.

I have to queue for a coffee now just to let a few off before taking my seat, even If I don't want a drink.

I have just finished reading all your posts over lunch and I have found the points made in the discussion hard to swallow.

This is not just a problem common to your fair isle. Post Festive Flatulence (PFF), more commonly known here as "turkey trump" is deemed a dangerous risk at North American sporting events, where both the stadia and spectators are significantly larger.

The problem arises due to turkey trump flatus being heavier than air. As a result, in still conditions, this flatus sinks down the banks of seating, where it can form a barely discernible fug that can cause both asphyxiation and potentially dangerous flammable conditions.

Because of the risk and the prevalent compensation culture, some of the larger and more enclosed stadia have now installed "flatus blowers" to disperse the said fumes.

I believe that Turkey Trump is a phenomenon at 'bowl' stadiums here in the UK - so much so that I believe that the relevant authorities have stated that this type of arena should now be referred to as 'bowel' stadiums.

Guest Sailmaker

I believe that Turkey Trump is a phenomenon at 'bowl' stadiums here in the UK - so much so that I believe that the relevant authorities have stated that this type of arena should now be referred to as 'bowel' stadiums.

On this topic, it is no mere coincidence that in the days of bread n’ dripping, black pudding, kippers and compulsory pipe smoking that stadia corners were often left open to provide ventilation.

What a pity that this ancient wisdom has been lost to be replaced by the mediocrity of current architectural “bowel” stadium design.