Megson - Best win ratio for a full time SWFC manager in the last 50 years!

Guest lamort

Guest JoeTheOwl

He bought his home town club, the club he supported as a boy. He's put around £100M in.

Mandaric is just a chancer looking to make killing.

I could think of so many worthwhile and useful things to purchase for a £100 million and not one of those things would be your poo football club.

We reached our centenary 22 years ago. Try again.

Our ground...our nickname and founded by our chairman...you have nothing of your own...13 years until it's 100 years without winning a major trophy.....

what's it like to be blades scum

what's it like to be small

87 years and you ain't won nothing at all

NOTHING AT ALL

Guest GodsanOwl

Another table showing Trevor Francis as the best top flight manager we had in the modern era!!

Aren't we all glad we sacked him for finishing seventh?!!

Our ground...our nickname and founded by our chairman...you have nothing of your own...13 years until it's 100 years without winning a major trophy.....

what's it like to be blades scum

what's it like to be small

87 years and you ain't won nothing at all

NOTHING AT ALL

Well, we've won Sheffield Wednesday 45 times.

You'll find that's a MASSIVE victory, not a major one. There's a distinct difference.

I think you're right. Beating Sheffield Wednesday isn't a noteworthy acheivment really.

Exeter, chesterfield and stevenage have probably forgotten already.

Guest JoeTheOwl

I think you're right. Beating Sheffield Wednesday isn't a noteworthy acheivment really.

Exeter, chesterfield and stevenage have probably forgotten already.

Don't you have a motorway to be playing on?

Guest Johnbloodaxe

you think gary megson is already wednesday legend do you?

I didn't say that I was replying to your post saying that it was to be expected that he had a high win ratio in div 3, I was simply pointing out that a Wednesday legend that got us promoted from the old div 3 had a WORSE win ration and so your argument didn't hold water. PLUS in many other seasons the win ratio GM has acheived would have seen us clear in an automatic place at least. So your rather negative view of GM's acheivement is over critical to say the least... I thnk you have a very unrelaistic view of where we are with the squad we have, GM has does a great job so far and very quickly too.

Was also going to point out that I would expect Div one to be no difference from the championship and also the prem (to a lesser extent) as there would be an increased player budget and therefore better players so the expectation would be the same... Why woudn't it... why would it be less in this division with a budget alligned to this division. It's all relative to the division you;re in and the player budget you have...

Edited by Johnbloodaxe