Yesterdays Ref

Guest Oadby Owl

Guest Oadby Owl

Got to say credit where credit's due Mark Halsey had a great game yesterday. There were a number of occasions where he perhaps could have got his cards out - none more so than when Rob Jones slapped Maguire, but on each occasion he chose to have a word and tell the players just to get on with it. The way he ended the game by picking up the ball and saying that was it when we had played the alloted four minutes and not finding an extra god knows how many minutes like that pillock Deadman in the Huddersfield game also was good. For a Premiership ref to drop down to Div 1 and not to have an attitude about him was great. An excellent refereeing appointment for once by the FA.

In general he was a lot better than we have had this season, but he played to the blunts acting. All I can put that down to is being used to refereeing in the prem where that happens a lot more often which favoured them. Also, the linesman on the South stand side was terrible.

All in all though, handled it well and never let it get out of hand once. Referees can easily be intimidated in fixtures like that and start pampering to the players but he didn't really, just played it by the book I guess

Guest Ripley Owl
Got to say credit where credit's due Mark Halsey had a great game yesterday. There were a number of occasions where he perhaps could have got his cards out - none more so than when Rob Jones slapped Maguire, but on each occasion he chose to have a word and tell the players just to get on with it. The way he ended the game by picking up the ball and saying that was it when we had played the alloted four minutes and not finding an extra god knows how many minutes like that pillock Deadman in the Huddersfield game also was good. For a Premiership ref to drop down to Div 1 and not to have an attitude about him was great. An excellent refereeing appointment for once by the FA.

Very impressed, he was fair to both sides, never got intimidated and showed no bias.

Definitely the best refereeing display this season !

In general he was a lot better than we have had this season, but he played to the blunts acting. All I can put that down to is being used to refereeing in the prem where that happens a lot more often which favoured them. Also, the linesman on the South stand side was terrible.

All in all though, handled it well and never let it get out of hand once. Referees can easily be intimidated in fixtures like that and start pampering to the players but he didn't really, just played it by the book I guess

I don't think he played to their acting. He did not give the penalties when they dived about, he had no choice when somebody goes down with an head injury other than to stop the game. It is impossible for him to tell whether they are injured or not.

My only problem was he let them take ages to get the ball back into play in the first half so they could slow the play down and we never got any momentum. It was obviously a plan to make us kick into the kop first half and waste as much of this half as possible.

Guest Foxhill Owl

Couldn't understand the Antonio & Evans fouls infront of the north thought he get them both wrong,

But think he only gave Antonio's because Evans was having a little moan b4 the second half kicked off !!