Our songs - sweary

I do find it disgusting that this is the only way most people can communicate these days. It says a lot about our ever degenerating society that it's come to not being able to take your kids to matches for fear of what they might hear. I know it's gone on since day dot and I'm not saying I don't use bad language from time to time where it is warranted, but the fact it's used so frequently and unneccesarely just saddens me. Has it really come to this, where no one can string a sentence together without slipping in a pointless f***, f****** etc?

Anyone who thinks it’s acceptable are just pond life IMO. It’s far better when a funny chant, or a feel good chant starts up without the swearing. Looking back to the old days for inspiration I can think of the following that got the old lady rocking that were just brilliant…

Atkinson’s Barmy Army (not the rubbish shortened Barmy Army we have now)

David Hirst

One Chrissy Waddle

Over There, Over There (not the horrible swear filled version the idiots sing today)

We’ve got Carlton Palmer

It’s not a MASSIVE list, but I can’t be bothered think of them all - my point is, the swearing loses its meaning if you just insert it into every sentence. People say it like they insert the word “obviously” for no reason at all - it’s pointless unless it has a meaning.

This ties in with our increasingly moronic youth (and even adults who should have been educated better) who can not spell properly and, worse, use the wrong word that sounds similar or looks the same. I am not the speech and grammar police, but please people - at least attempt to get it right! No wonder there’s 2 million+ unemployed!

Queue the posts telling me to shut the f**k up. :biggrin::rolleyes:

I do find it disgusting that this is the only way most people can communicate these days. It says a lot about our ever degenerating society that it's come to not being able to take your kids to matches for fear of what they might hear. I know it's gone on since day dot and I'm not saying I don't use bad language from time to time where it is warranted, but the fact it's used so frequently and unneccesarely just saddens me. Has it really come to this, where no one can string a sentence together without slipping in a pointless f***, f****** etc?

Anyone who thinks it’s acceptable are just pond life IMO. It’s far better when a funny chant, or a feel good chant starts up without the swearing. Looking back to the old days for inspiration I can think of the following that got the old lady rocking that were just brilliant…

Atkinson’s Barmy Army (not the rubbish shortened Barmy Army we have now)

David Hirst

One Chrissy Waddle

Over There, Over There (not the horrible swear filled version the idiots sing today)

We’ve got Carlton Palmer

It’s not a MASSIVE list, but I can’t be bothered think of them all - my point is, the swearing loses its meaning if you just insert it into every sentence. People say it like they insert the word “obviously” for no reason at all - it’s pointless unless it has a meaning.

This ties in with our increasingly moronic youth (and even adults who should have been educated better) who can not spell properly and, worse, use the wrong word that sounds similar or looks the same. I am not the speech and grammar police, but please people - at least attempt to get it right! No wonder there’s 2 million+ unemployed!

Queue the posts telling me to shut the f**k up. :biggrin::rolleyes:

Early contender for "Bit gay mate 2012"

If you don't like swearing in chants, sit on the South.