Just Remember..............

Guest Triplej2

The result against Exeter wasn't what anyone wanted or expected and I can well understand the frustration. Beleive me having watched Wednesday for best part of 50 years I know what frustration is! But - just think back 12 months - this club nearly disappeared - I'm not talking about Administration, losing 10 points, even possibly being relegated again - I'm talking - THE END - no such club as Sheffield Wednesday - and let me tell you we were litterally hours from that happening. Since then MM has settled the debts, Meggys changed the team, we are 2nd in the division with a fair old chance of automatic promotion and a damn good one of the play offs. Ok things aren't what we WANT just now but if you thought this was going to be easy you've not been a Wednesdayite long enough. We will get there.It will be a long road but at last we are going in the right direction after years of drifting. 2 or 3 wins on the bounce and everything will different. Keep the faith.

Did you really have to go "there" again? Did you, did you really?

The loss against Exeter was an all time low.

Well last seasons Exeter result were even worse.

The all time low for me was Sheffield Wednesday 0 Rushden & Diamonds 0.

Some people don't even know who Rushden & Diamonds are!

The result against Exeter wasn't what anyone wanted or expected and I can well understand the frustration. Beleive me having watched Wednesday for best part of 50 years I know what frustration is! But - just think back 12 months - this club nearly disappeared - I'm not talking about Administration, losing 10 points, even possibly being relegated again - I'm talking - THE END - no such club as Sheffield Wednesday - and let me tell you we were litterally hours from that happening. Since then MM has settled the debts, Meggys changed the team, we are 2nd in the division with a fair old chance of automatic promotion and a damn good one of the play offs. Ok things aren't what we WANT just now but if you thought this was going to be easy you've not been a Wednesdayite long enough. We will get there.It will be a long road but at last we are going in the right direction after years of drifting. 2 or 3 wins on the bounce and everything will different. Keep the faith.

Agree with everything but the last sentence.

I think everyone that has a football brain knows we that we are weaker now than in January, and unless some fresh blood with quality comes in then we are lookin at 4th or 5th place.

Football isn't an exact science though, and I hope you're right and I'm wrong!

Personally I have settled for the play offs , and I'm happy as it shows a big improvement on last season in what is a very competitive division this year.

The result in isolation was frustrating, we had our chances and didnt take them, whilst they had only two free kicks and scored both.

But its not just happening in isolation as this either happens each game or very nearly happens. We will win a game at home, just, whilst our fellow contenders are putting games beyond doubt.

We have made progress, no doubt about that, but we want to go up this season and to do that, we need to make things happen a bit more.

Guest Sniper1

The result in isolation was frustrating, we had our chances and didnt take them, whilst they had only two free kicks and scored both.

But its not just happening in isolation as this either happens each game or very nearly happens. We will win a game at home, just, whilst our fellow contenders are putting games beyond doubt.

We have made progress, no doubt about that, but we want to go up this season and to do that, we need to make things happen a bit more.

Indeed. Good post as normal.

Its all well and good sayin that, but let's be reyt, charlton pigs and hudders have got better teams/squads than us.

Cos we've been up there most of the season, people are 'expectin' promotion,(hope to flip we do) but I can't see us gettin top two at all tbf, dint at the start of the season either, hoped for the play offs at least and think that's what we'll end up with, and would be pretty chuffed wi that after last seasons farce, I'll quite happily settle for the lottery of the play offs.

The teams mentioned above may have better teams/squad than us but thats for this div,Milan has a budget for this league & he aint going to bust it ,but i believe that when promotion comes our way come may Milan would blow the above mentioned clubs out of the water budget/squad wise

Guest Briscoe Inferno

The loss against Exeter was an all time low.

poo , I must be getting old - I can remember at least a dozen 'all time low' games....