Beattie back?

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

Been told by a few Blades today that James Beattie is back, was signed Friday and will be announced tomorrow morning in their team. They even said it in a kind of smug way...

I laughed and said that I do hope so - signing a striker whos scored 9 golas since 2009 and hasn't played a game since February would demonstrate just how desperate they are.

Took the wind out of their sails somewhat. I think 'crestfallen' was the word of the day

Been told by a few Blades today that James Beattie is back, was signed Friday and will be announced tomorrow morning in their team. They even said it in a kind of smug way...

I laughed and said that I do hope so - signing a striker whos scored 9 golas since 2009 and hasn't played a game since February would demonstrate just how desperate they are.

Took the wind out of their sails somewhat. I think 'crestfallen' was the word of the day

If it was true, surely they wouldn't be able to keep it secret?

Can't see it myself - but he is shyte.

No chance in a million years, just a dew deluded blades fans.

1. We cant afford him

2. He isnt fit

3. There are better teams after him

However, lets not kidd ourselves, a fit James Beattie in this league, would be a machine.

He certainly isnt 'shyte'. He was probably the best striker I've seen for United since Deano in his heyday.

Not happening though.

Guest Sheff Owl

I'm sure he can't sign for anyone because he was with a club when the window closed.

You can sign free agents at anytime if they were free agents before the window closed - ie Jason Koumas.

No chance in a million years, just a dew deluded blades fans.

1. We cant afford him

2. He isnt fit

3. There are better teams after him

However, lets not kidd ourselves, a fit James Beattie in this league, would be a machine.

He certainly isnt 'shyte'. He was probably the best striker I've seen for United since Deano in his heyday.

Not happening though.

He'd be quality in League One. Even lazy players like Clarke, their ability shines through. Beattie was a lazy one and all in the League above and he got goals.

He'd be quality in League One. Even lazy players like Clarke, their ability shines through. Beattie was a lazy one and all in the League above and he got goals.

Beattie wasnt lazy, I dont know where this myth has come from.

He just did his job, scoring goals.

Something none of our players can currently do, and your lad maDINE does.

So how does 'machine' and 'MaDINE' ryhme again?

You should have been playing Cresswell.

He is a good Wednesday lad.

Pleased to say though that Wilson is meeting my expectations.

Madine works hard in defence and brings others into play.

Beattie strolled around the pitch and got goals in the Championship because it was too easy, like Sibon.

But in the Premier League he wasnt working hard enough to get into good positions and failed at the likes of Everton and Stoke. Evertonians hated his laziness.

The INE in Madine and Machine works alright.

Madine works hard in defence and brings others into play.

Beattie strolled around the pitch and got goals in the Championship because it was too easy, like Sibon.

But in the Premier League he wasnt working hard enough to get into good positions and failed at the likes of Everton and Stoke. Evertonians hated his laziness.

The INE in Madine and Machine works alright.

I dont remember him being lazy at all. He did his fair share.

You aint seen nothing yet, wait until you see the lad Mcdonald if he plays for us.

Beattie kept Stoke up when he left us for them, I doubt they think of him as lazy.