TODAYS STAR FRONT AND BACK PAGE

Guest intercity0wl

First the good news. this mornings edition has a picture of Sid (kevin Taylor) pictured with Laurie Madden and John Pearson at the unit in Chester where he is being treated with the story that the sponsor of the game v the Blunts has agreed with the club that if well enough he will walk out and present the ball at Hillsborough for the derby game, great news and really hope it happens.

Now for the back page downer, Paul Thonpson say "the Board at Wednesday are now resigned to not having recruited any new players before the seasons opener on saturday", im sure its just very, very lazy journalism, but let the shitstorm begin a day early.

Sorry cannot find any links to either story but im sure they ill appear in time.

PS, oh and there is a colour squad picture of Wednesday in the middle as well, UTO.

who are the attacking options in the piccy...?

First the good news. this mornings edition has a picture of Sid (kevin Taylor) pictured with Laurie Madden and John Pearson at the unit in Chester where he is being treated with the story that the sponsor of the game v the Blunts has agreed with the club that if well enough he will walk out and present the ball at Hillsborough for the derby game, great news and really hope it happens.

Now for the back page downer, Paul Thonpson say "the Board at Wednesday are now resigned to not having recruited any new players before the seasons opener on saturday", im sure its just very, very lazy journalism, but let the shitstorm begin a day early.

Sorry cannot find any links to either story but im sure they ill appear in time.

PS, oh and there is a colour squad picture of Wednesday in the middle as well, UTO.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/owls_frustrated_in_player_hunt_1_3643709?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

I woke up this morning thinking exactly the same- that we won't have any new players in before Saturday. And so what? Yes we know we need to improve in the long-term, especially in 'offensive' areas, but it doesn't have to be as imminent as some if our 'dramatic' fans are implying. I am still massively confident that we will get three points on Saturday with the squad that we have- and without JJ. This is a much improved team not only in personnel, but also in fitness and organisation. I truly believe that our club shouldn't be held to ransom by selling clubs and thus pay inflated prices through panic. The club should play the waiting game because the nearer it gets to the end of August, the better position we'll be in as a buying club. Now is the time to get behind the team, and leave the overly dramatic behaviour/attitudes behind. Trust MM and GM and PA- they are no mugs.

if you have a quid to sped...

look in the pound shop window, not the jewellers, and then complain they want too much...

don't fancy the £30k car, and say the dealers not being realistic when he won't take your offer of £16K...

he obviously thinks he'll get £28+ from elsewhere, and doesn't need to sell to you...

Three signings before kick off tell you!

Can you elaborate any further on this?

Like at least have the decency to tell us you heard from your dog groomers husband or better a sauce you trust. Over on the ALF thread Carol has predicted a similar prediction but she joined less than a week ago so that doesn't hold much weight.

Are you up for a Children's Hospital style donation bet? :biggrin:

Guest Big Guns

I have heard he is unhappy because you put the space before you use a "," every single time. He has had enough.

If it annoys you.,.then I'm ,happy,

Guest Darkus Owlus

What's annoying is a lot of people said stop moaning we've still got 30 days of transfer window to sign people last month.

I suppose we're still not allowed to raise an eyebrow with regard to a very weak squad a week away from kick off?

It was obvious JJ given his history was going to get injured. We lack quality on the wings, depth and have two forwards (one who's pap) going into the opening game.

I won't critisise MM and as fans we're obviously not asking for £400k here and there, but we should atleast be prepared, we're not suitable prepared, sorry you can neg me but it's true.

Guest Big Guns

Ya you, adamwesteste and raven all seem to have the same issue it's beyond belief!

It's beyond belief that sum one as clever as yo ,dunt no raven and leftear are the same flippingperson