Bin Laden took pleasure in Wednesday losing

As if blowing up the World Trade Centre and masterminding international terrorism wasn't enough... it turns out Osama Bin Laden was an Arsenal fan.

http://news.uk.msn.com/world/news-articles.aspx?cp-documentid=157274240

Worse still, it seems he particularly enjoyed their run to the Cup Winners Cup Final in 1993/4 when his side beat a certain Sheffield Wednesday.

Spooky that. I remember looking over at the Arsenal fans going wild when Linighan put that header in during the last minute of extra time in the FA Cup final replay. Could be my memory playing tricks, but I'm sure one of 'em had a turban and a long beard.

Guest Distraught!

flip Me!

I wonder if Johnny Harkes knew? Wouldn't have been wise running around with the Stars and Stripes draped around his neck with them there Al Qaeda boys around. Word has it that they don't like Americans very much!

lol

Guest Big Guns

flip Me!

I wonder if Johnny Harkes knew? Wouldn't have been wise running around with the Stars and Stripes draped around his neck with them there Al Qaeda boys around. Word has it that they don't like Americans very much!

lol

ive heard it was Harkes who popped him in the eye

Guest Distraught!

ive heard it was Harkes who popped him in the eye

Harkes could have managed it from 40 yards straight into the top corner of his eye socket! :biggrin:

Guest Distraught!

I liked the time that Osama bin Laden appeared on Celebrity Chef and made the big apple crumble! :biggrin:

Guest scott_andrew_william

Did anyone watch, "My brother the islamist" on BBC Three a few weeks back?

Thought they weren't allowed to watch football :angry:

Guest Big Guns

Heard on the news that Bin Laden was buried at sea and 3 United States marines drowned while digging his grave

Funnily enough, if you look at the dates since he became a gooner till his death we have been sit.

I'm convinced that with his death our form will turn and the beginning of the reamurgence of Sheffield wednesday will start.

Guest Distraught!

Dnhc

No Capt Birdseye owns them dunt he?

Or is it Papa Smurf?

I thought nobody knew for certain. Bates runs the show but there is some mysterious trail behind him to unknown benefactors. All very strange and dodgy!