How other fans view both clubs from Sheffield

Guest xvivahatex

we've been poo poo, badly run for years and the piggie fookers still couldn't take the advantage, they ll always be the city's number two side.

Wait a minute, what about Sheffield FC...

Surely that puts them third?

Wait a minute, what about Rotherham, they play in Sheffield...

Surely that puts them fourth?

I was in Bratislava, Slovakia when Sheff Utd played Wigan and West Ham played Man Utd. We were sat with some Bradford fans watching the matches & they really didn't like Sheffield Utd - had something to do with (stealing) Stuart McCall ??

Guest kimmy owl

been to zante a couple of times where friends used to own a bar (travellers rest) he was a blade and she was a wednesdayite so half the boozer was decked out in wednesday memrobilia and the other in red poo . every nite the blue half would be rammed and accros would be sat two maybe three people and this was the same each year i went. but on another note the majority of the waiters followed u****d because of dellas who used to turn out for them. but thats the only place ive been where the locals recognise THEM! more than us

I was in Kenya a couple of years ago and we visited a Masai village. One of the younger men asked where we were from and when I said Sheffield he responded with 'Sheffield United?' - I was gutted. Fact is in a lot of places, English football = Premier League and anyone under the age of 25 ain't gonna remember Wednesday in the Premier League. Sooner we get back there, the better.

I remember waiting for my brother to collect some work from his teacher in college. His teacher told his work mate I supported "Sheffield". He instantly turned round and said "I bet you're an Owl", He said nobody would support Sheffield United in Devon because they were an unfashionable club. Also said what a shame a stadium like Hillsborough wasn't hosting Premiership football. Seemed a sound bloke!

I went to the planet Mars on holiday last year wearing my Blade top.

All the Martians booed me and said Wednesday were the best team.

One of the little green men said Wednesday also had many fans on Jupiter and Pluto.

MASSIVE.

One of the little green men said Wednesday also had many fans on Jupiter and Pluto.

MASSIVE.

When you went to Mars did it have a Hotel? I bet the rules of football were written near to that planet as well?

Guest Ecclesall_Owl

MASSIVE.

Possibly not MASSIVE nowadays but still bigger and classier than you S2 scrubbers by a country mile.

When you went to Mars did it have a Hotel? I bet the rules of football were written near to that planet as well?

Yeah the hotel was a Copthorne joint. You honestly don’t realise how much the Blades are hated up there, it’s all Wednesday.

One of the Martian waiters dressed in a old yellow and black Wednesday away shirt (you’ll know the one, looks a bit like a Netto carrier bag) had a poo poo in my zogaparg soup.

Was in a market in Turkey few year ago and they had a Wednesday shirt for sale and no United one in site, only a Sheffield FC shirt which the guy had been told was Sheffield United lol, I just nodded and walked along!!

in 2009. Kevin McCabe visited Red Star Belgrade about possible cooperation between two clubs. I was really hoping that deal will go ahead because I would like to see Red Star follow Pigs steps. Their chairman and McCabe have a lot in common, whenever their team lose they make announcement how ALL WORLD is against red star.

They haven't sued anyone yet thought.

Google translated text from newspaper at the time http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=sr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsport.blic.rs%2FFudbal%2F111990%2FSaradnja-Zvezde-i-vlasnika-Sefild-junajteda-i-Ferencvarosa-

Also when Milan took over, some Serbian media reported and there were few of them who said that he should have invested in pigs because they are level above...I had to give them good footballing lesson :blush: