Plymouth

Guest Sloth Bear

Guest intercity0wl

If we beat brizzle rovers on saturday we could help plymouth stay up.

Is there any particular reason we would want to do that ?.

Prefer Notts County or Walsall to stay up, Plymouth`s just too far away.

Agree

Too many long away trips in this league. Bristol Rovers, Exeter, Plymouth, Yeovil, Southampton (they will be in Championship next year) Daggers.

I hope Plymouth, Bristol Rovers and Daggers go down this year.

plus I have a soft spot for Walsall because I have always enjoyed the warm welcome from their fans when I have been there.

i dont care who goes down as long as its not us.......plus any club that loses points by going into admin deserve to go down. We could have easily took that route but its just not our style.

lets not get all "holier than thou" over this. lets face it, we were days away from being Plymouth until Mandaric came in and paid our bills for us. Lets not make out like we've worked ourselves out of debt, we have been very lucky.

Go down or stay up, im fearful for plymouths future without a serious backer coming through for them.

Guest totemowl

lets not get all "holier than thou" over this. lets face it, we were days away from being Plymouth until Mandaric came in and paid our bills for us. Lets not make out like we've worked ourselves out of debt, we have been very lucky.

Go down or stay up, im fearful for plymouths future without a serious backer coming through for them.

I think the point is that some clubs have been a lot more reckless than we were, as we struggled on for many years before fortunately avoiding admin. I'm thinking of clubs like Palace.

I think the point is that some clubs have been a lot more reckless than we were, as we struggled

on for many years before fortunately avoiding admin. I'm thinking of clubs like Palace.

Yeah exactly my point not being holier than anything we didn't take the easy option, we asked for and got a stay of execution. We as a club were sucessfull in gaining investment. Others have in the past taken the admin route and then carried on without a care in the world. It's exactly that attitude that will see a club one day go out of existence. I'm glad we didn't go into admin , but I think it was never an option to us, we did have a lot of interest of investment.

Prefer Notts County or Walsall to stay up, Plymouth`s just too far away.

Not for me it isn't!

Points deduction is not as significant as the players they have had to let go (and cheap).

It is quite amazing that they are still in with a shout.........still think they will go down though

I think the point is that some clubs have been a lot more reckless than we were, as we struggled on for many years before fortunately avoiding admin. I'm thinking of clubs like Palace.

palace and plymouth had no option but to go into admin, but they were just as poorly run as we were. it was only because of the banks patience that they held off on pushing us for admin earlier. We were paying wages we couldnt afford, and racking up the debt with little saleable assets.

I'm glad we didn't go into admin , but I think it was never an option to us, we did have a lot of interest of investment.

none that actually displayed any proof of funds though. mandaric was the only external backer to come through with the money.

Guest totemowl

palace and plymouth had no option but to go into admin, but they were just as poorly run as we were. it was only because of the banks patience that they held off on pushing us for admin earlier. We were paying wages we couldnt afford, and racking up the debt with little saleable assets.

none that actually displayed any proof of funds though. mandaric was the only external backer to come through with the money.

Disagree. Palace managed it twice - or 3 times - not least because they did not have the agreement of the banks but also because they were much more reckless. Portsmouth are another bad example. It's naive to put us in the same bracket.

Disagree. Palace managed it twice - or 3 times - not least because they did not have the agreement of the banks but also because they were much more reckless. Portsmouth are another bad example. It's naive to put us in the same bracket.

we owed £25m+. how are we any better than what they are? We also started a budget this season that blatantly we couldnt afford.

its only by the Co-op supporting us that we didnt go into admin a long time ago, and if mandaric hadnt saved us HMRC would have absolutely destroyed us.

Palace going into admin twice is ludicrous and annoying, but im not sure weve been any better run.

In pure triumph over adversity, I would like Plymouth to stay up. As has been previously posted they have done remarkably well to keep their heads above ground instead of just sinking and as previously posted with our situation last November I can sympathise with the Plymouth fans having idiots at the top who leave nothing but a complete mess. Oh and those of you complaining about the distance being a "bit to far" think those Plymouth fans have to do a journey like that almost every away game, is that really a good reason for wanting them to go down?

In pure triumph over adversity, I would like Plymouth to stay up. As has been previously posted they have done remarkably well to keep their heads above ground instead of just sinking and as previously posted with our situation last November I can sympathise with the Plymouth fans having idiots at the top who leave nothing but a complete mess. Oh and those of you complaining about the distance being a "bit to far" think those Plymouth fans have to do a journey like that almost every away game, is that really a good reason for wanting them to go down?

i travelled down on a tuesday night a few years ago when we lost 2-0 and plymouth won the league. The staff in the stadium were first class, and iv been to a lot bigger poo poo holes than that before. Think it would be a fantastic story if they stayed up, but i cant see it.