Megson and Irvine defensive signings..........

Megson brings in Jones and Batth, two competent, positional aware, solid central defenders.

In January Irvine brought in Reynolds, Morrison, R Johnson - all lacking in the above.

That sums up the difference between the two.

MM must have watched yesterday and wonder why he gave that clown the resources to waste in January.

If anything should give us confidence in Megson signing these two shows he's got a judgement that other managers have sadly lacked.

Giving Irvine January has proved to be milan's biggest mistake so far. His poor signings cost us our season and meant we are now lumbered with poo poo like Reynolds.

Aah Reynolds! Thats a name from the past. Whats he up to these days? Has he gone back up Scotland yet

Guest MOOSEBLASTER

Megson brings in Jones and Batth, two competent, positional aware, solid central defenders.

In January Irvine brought in Reynolds, Morrison, R Johnson - all lacking in the above.

That sums up the difference between the two.

MM must have watched yesterday and wonder why he gave that clown the resources to waste in January.

If anything should give us confidence in Megson signing these two shows he's got a judgement that other managers have sadly lacked.

Just shows what a wee pipe head Irvine was no manager with an a bit of common f**k would sign 3 defenders mid season and expect them to work

together and form a solid back line from day 1

Just shows what a wee pipe head Irvine was no manager with an a bit of common f**k would sign 3 defenders mid season and expect them to work

together and form a solid back line from day 1

Well megson signed two decent C/H's and they worked straight away.

It wasn't new three players that was the problem.

Guest bartos

Well megson signed two decent C/H's and they worked straight away.

It wasn't new three players that was the problem.

They've played together before apparently

I'd give Reda more time, He played well in the matches against Colchester and Trammere.

Morrison is no more than a back up to Semi.

Reynolds, might as well go back to Scotland.

I'd get rid of Beevers and Spurr.

Would like to keep Bartt and R Jones and offer Buxton a new contract. Get in a proper left back and we should start to look more solid.

I think the defense as it is and the 4 strikers are more than good enough to get us out of this league, but we need a new midfield. 2 new wingers and 2 new central midfielders to go with Coke and Palmer. I would like to see these 2 given a run in the side with D Jones on the left of midfield.

Guest TonyOwl88

I have been massively impressed by Batthe and Jones. If we can get Batthe on a season-long next season, and Jones in perminantly, I will be pretty confident of our defencive strength.

I think its worth pointing out how much better Beevers looked under Megson. I think if Megson can get Beevers back on track, we will have another top quality centre back in Mark Beevers for next season.

I have to say though, Reda Johnson shows signs of great quality. Let's not forget he was playing for Colchester, Tranmere and Brighton (where he was the stand-out player). I think he could become a great centre back.

Reynolds has disappointed me, but I still hope he can come good. He was highly rated by Motherwell and is still young.

Michael Morrison looks poor imo. I'm glad he's only on loan. That's one easy decision for the summer in how to make room on the wage bill.

The difference between the signings is that Irvine went for potential...where as Megson has got some one experienced to play with a very promosing youngster. I feel if Irvine had of gone for a bit of experience and not looked for potential assetts as Mandaric had wanted it could of been different.

That said I think Megson will create a much better team than what Irvine could of.

So Irvine signed three young players with potential and mid season threw them into a team bereft of confidence............

He was one smart cookie wasn't he?

Guest RotherhamOwl69

Morrison aint on loan mate

I have been massively impressed by Batthe and Jones. If we can get Batthe on a season-long next season, and Jones in perminantly, I will be pretty confident of our defencive strength.

I think its worth pointing out how much better Beevers looked under Megson. I think if Megson can get Beevers back on track, we will have another top quality centre back in Mark Beevers for next season.

I have to say though, Reda Johnson shows signs of great quality. Let's not forget he was playing for Colchester, Tranmere and Brighton (where he was the stand-out player). I think he could become a great centre back.

Reynolds has disappointed me, but I still hope he can come good. He was highly rated by Motherwell and is still young.

Michael Morrison looks poor imo. I'm glad he's only on loan. That's one easy decision for the summer in how to make room on the wage bill.

morrison on loan? :huh:

Reda has played well in the games iv seen

Reynolds has done the business in the SPL, Morrison was highly rated by a top half championship side.

Beevers has been fairly solid in the games iv seen, and probably would have been partnering Jones if he hadnt been injured.

we've got no chance of keeping Batth next year, so we will probably need the centre backs we have, and Morrison and Reynolds especially will have to step up. That said, none of them have really had a fair crack at it.

morrison on loan? :huh:

Reda has played well in the games iv seen

Reynolds has done the business in the SPL, Morrison was highly rated by a top half championship side.

Beevers has been fairly solid in the games iv seen, and probably would have been partnering Jones if he hadnt been injured.

we've got no chance of keeping Batth next year, so we will probably need the centre backs we have, and Morrison and Reynolds especially will have to step up. That said, none of them have really had a fair crack at it.

You must have missed the games when Reda looked like a sunday league player then.

The bottom line is you don't sign three young players, all defenders in the January transfer window if you have any sense. Irvine screwed up - particularly by putting them straight into the team.

By all means sign one player, bring them in but what happened was madness.

With MM resources we could have signed players pre season and not wasted a few hundred thousand £££.

It's in the past now.... we have to move on.

Megson gave them a chance, he rotate all the defence to see them all first hand..... apart from glimpses from R'eda... they were all found wanting, hence the addition of two more centre halves on loan (both whom have proved to be shrewd purchases)

Hopefully they will be moved on in the summer, albeit, to lower levels teams IMO....

We have too many defenders who we could quite easily move on.... Spurr, Jones, Morisson, Hinds, Reynolds

Guest londonowl1

Micheal Morrison, Reda Johnson and Reynolds

OH DEAR.....what a nightmare of a triple signing.

Desperately need to get rid of these three....oh and add to the list Teale, Sedgewick, C.Morrison, Potter, JOC.....then maybe we can start again

You must have missed the games when Reda looked like a sunday league player then.

The bottom line is you don't sign three young players, all defenders in the January transfer window if you have any sense. Irvine screwed up - particularly by putting them straight into the team.

By all means sign one player, bring them in but what happened was madness.

With MM resources we could have signed players pre season and not wasted a few hundred thousand £££.

yup, must have missed that.

agree with the point on signing young defenders and throwing them all in at the same time, what really made it worse for me was reynolds and morrison played more games out of position than in their favoured positions.

just not sure we should be writing them off just yet.

Guest jimbob

If you believe Irvine was responsible for all of our signings in January then you're more naive than Jon Beswetherick's defending.