Worst Sheffield Wednesday team EVER

Guest CambridgeOwl69

Guest CambridgeOwl69

Quite simply the worst side we have ever had;

no spirit, no passion, no tactics, no pride, no talent = no chance of staying up

Goodnight!

Seriously, I'd take the class of '03/04 over this lot any day.

We finished that dismal season in 16th place with the likes of Dean Smith, Brian Barry-Murphy, Paul McLaren & Jon Shaw in the first team.

I would say that ALL of that lot would walk in our first team now, let alone the likes of Derek Geary, Bromby, Alan Quinn, Wood & Ndumbu- Nsungu.

This is the first time I can remember, aside from last season of course, that we have had a team full of lazy, unprofessional wasters.

Not good at all - we are an utter mess & these players won't even care if they relegate us.

Guest intercity0wl

Quite simply the worst side we have ever had;

no spirit, no passion, no tactics, no pride, no talent = no chance of staying up

Goodnight!

Oh no they aint, they are close biut they definatly aint, your probably not old enough to have seen worse..

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest CambridgeOwl69

not far off but they aint .....trust me

Ive been watching them 30 years and they are the worst side in my memory anyway...plus we are heading for our lowest ever league finish whixh will make them officially the worst side ever in our history

Guest normyowl

Ive been watching them 30 years and they are the worst side in my memory anyway...plus we are heading for our lowest ever league finish whixh will make them officially the worst side ever in our history

This must be the worst Wednesday team I have ever seen since I went to my first game in the mid eighties. They are a disgrace and not fit to wear the shirt.

How can that team go and collect any wages after that display. Sack the lot of them now instead of at the end of the season and play players who have some balls and will put some effort in.

well if you been watching them 6 years earlier you have seen the worst and they finished lower than this lot (i hope )

Oh no they aint, they are close biut they definatly aint, your probably not old enough to have seen worse..

I've been going since the early 70s - which I reckon other "old folks" probably reckon were the worst - and the mind plays tricks, but at the team from that time had some character and at least put in some effort to make up for their (obvious) lack of skills.

We had players who knew their best position

We had defenders who at least could put their foot through a ball and clear it!

We had midfielders who at least put in a tackle or kicked the opposition.

We had wingers who at least tried to play as wingers

We had forwards who at least had a shot in a game

You often left games feeling disappointed, but at least there were some talking points and incident

This lot haven't got a clue!

Lazy, clueless, uncommitted wastes of space.

They are stealing a wage.

I now sound like my dad - who I am sure probably said the same about the team from the 70's!!!!!

I can't be ar5sed to go & watch em again - and only Pleat's team had me feeling like that before.

If we need a big crowd for the last game relegation decider, I'll be there - but these to55sers are not gonna waste any more of my time

Edited by Teddy Chucker

I hate every mother rumbleer who pulled on a blue & white shirt tonight.

They are a poo poo stain on the history of our once great club.

I, for one,will not be attending on Saturday. I'd rather sit at home & lick a cat's arse.

Guest Bigals

Ive been watching them since 1961

These have got to be contenders for the worst ever..........strong contenders

Ive not been for a week or two and Ive been wrestling with my conscience........not any more..........I cant take it so Im not going until they seriously improve

I guess I will be there when we are top of the Conference

I've been going since the early 70s - which I reckon other "old folks" probably reckon were the worst - and the mind plays tricks, but at the team from that time had some character and at least put in some effort to make up for their (obvious) lack of skills.

We had players who knew their best position

We had defenders who at least could put their foot through a ball and clear it!

We had midfielders who at least put in a tackle or kicked the opposition.

We had wingers who at least tried to play as wingers

We had forwards who at least had a shot in a game

You often left games feeling disappointed, but at least there were some talking points and incident

This lot haven't got a clue!

Lazy, clueless, uncommitted wastes of space.

They are stealing a wage.

I now sound like my dad - who I am sure probably said the same about the team from the 70's!!!!!

I can't be ar5sed to go & watch em again - and only Pleat's team had me feeling like that before.

If we need a big crowd for the last game relegation decider, I'll be there - but these to55sers are not gonna waste any more of my time

2 goals in 18 games suggests the shot they had didnt go in to often .....but can understand how you feel

2 goals in 18 games suggests the shot they had didnt go in to often .....but can understand how you feel

Memory (or fading memory!) may make the past seem better, but:-

- I'd have preferred Wee Willie Henderson & Eric Potts on the wing rather than Captain Fantastic Teale & Potter the Invisible Man

- Surely either Prendergast or Joicey would have had at least one shot on goal in the 90!!

- Tommy Craig in midfield anyone??

So my vote goes to the current lot as the worst ever - closely followed by last years lot!!!