Liam Palmer

Looks like Palmer played 90 minutes for the Scotland U21 team last night in Belgium. Its good that we have an under 21 home nation player again!

Who was the last one we had - Whelan and Brunt are the two i can remember recently.

Well done Liam! Criminally underused this season. I hope he gets more of a chance next season.

Sounds like Palmer had a decent game. However its no wonder that Scottish football is in the state it is when they can't differentiate between Wednesday and some none descript club.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=128&newsCategoryID=6&newsID=7491

The SFA are and always have been a joke.

Guest 03 owl

Well done Liam, He still has a part to play next season, hopefully he can develop and become a regular in our team in the future, just a little too soon at the mo with what we are faced with, which is why he has not featured as much.

Guest 03 owl

could well be but they would have been in the under 23s as it was then the under 21s didnt come into being till around the early 80s....

So its prob Sterland then, as Mark smith signed after him i think , hope some 1 knows for definite as its doing my box in lol

Good question though :)

So its prob Sterland then, as Mark smith signed after him i think , hope some 1 knows for definite as its doing my box in lol

Good question though :)

had a little dig on wiki and the under 21 s started in 1978 .....sterland never played for them and neither did mark smith .....i think i know but will keep you dangling for a little longer in case anyone else wants a crack at it

had a little dig on wiki and the under 21 s started in 1978 .....sterland never played for them and neither did mark smith .....i think i know but will keep you dangling for a little longer in case anyone else wants a crack at it

sorry mate sold you a dummy there .....mark smith did play for them in 81 ......bloody wiki is useless

Guest JonTheOwl66

I like Liam. He's a decent little player, but he needs to seriously bulk up over the summer if he's going to become integral to the first team.

From what I've seen he's just been bullied by League 1 defenders, and we don't need that.

Good player, a lot to work on. Will be terrific in the future.

Watched under 21`s at Bumhall Lane in the mid 80`s, only went because Zico was playing.

Watched under 21`s at Bumhall Lane in the mid 80`s, only went because Zico was playing.

you sure about that coz i can find no record of him playing for them and he was born in 1961so he would have been well over age .....