They were extremely happy when JJ didnt come out for the second half

Before the sending off, didn't see how they could get any thing from the game

Second, a very loud and brash Wednesday fan stood behind me:

Madine is a Fagg*t

Madine is $hit

Madine doesnt work hard enough

Jones shouldn't be playing for Wednesday

Jones is a Fagg*t

Why can't Spurr get in the squad? He's better than Reynolds and Jones in every department.

Cokey is a reyt player!

10 mins later

Coke your Fuc**ing Sh*t!

Lastly, my own view:

For once, I actually feel sorry for AI. Tactically, keeping JJ right out on the touch line while we were attacking was good - he got the ball less than usual but he was more effective when he did have it. As there was such a big gap between him and the full back (who has to tuck in to cover his CB) meant that JJ got the ball, controlled it and set off before the full back was in position.

Until the sending off, we were in control and looked like the team most likely to win.

Still, very annoyed. Cant see how AI 's position is anything but untennable.

Why take JJ off then?

Given JJ's propensity to breakdown injured during games, if he has a tweak, then he needs to come off. Frustrating though it is, this may well mean he can play in games for the next 6-8 weeks.

Lets face it, if he had gone back out and then broke down, it would also have been AI's fault for risking him!

Guest intercity0wl

Injured apparently

Now thats unusual for him. He was very good first half last night but him being injured as much as he is alarming.

So the sending off was AI's fault?

Not at all - I thought he was unlucky. I had intended to include this is in the OP, but missed it out.

I think his position is untennable on the basis that we are in relegation form at the moment, without much hope that it will change. Im not really sure what else we can do to try to change things round, apart from change the manager?

Firstly a Peterborough fan I was chatting to after the match-

Second, a very loud and brash Wednesday fan stood behind me:

Lastly, my own view:

For once, I actually feel sorry for AI. Tactically, keeping JJ right out on the touch line while we were attacking was good - he got the ball less than usual but he was more effective when he did have it. As there was such a big gap between him and the full back (who has to tuck in to cover his CB) meant that JJ got the ball, controlled it and set off before the full back was in position.

Until the sending off, we were in control and looked like the team most likely to win.

Still, very annoyed. Cant see how AI 's position is anything but untennable.

You exactly spot on. I have given AI all Tue stick possible and I still stand by what I have said. However he got it spot on, although we lost that was in my eyes one of the better performances of the season. Performed from start to finish. If we play like this till the end of The season we WILL get promoted, providing our bad luck eases on us.

You exactly spot on. I have given AI all Tue stick possible and I still stand by what I have said. However he got it spot on, although we lost that was in my eyes one of the better performances of the season. Performed from start to finish. If we play like this till the end of The season we WILL get promoted, providing our bad luck eases on us.

If we lose 5-3 when he gets it "spot on" we'd best not see what happens when he gets it wrong.

And we're not having bad luck - it's football and we've had a good run of penalties and playing against 9-10 players - it's not bad luck it's because we're hugely underperforming.

If we lose 5-3 when he gets it "spot on" we'd best not see what happens when he gets it wrong.

And we're not having bad luck - it's football and we've had a good run of penalties and playing against 9-10 players - it's not bad luck it's because we're hugely underperforming.

In a way, you are right. Even though the two issues which turned the game out of our favour were not AI's fault (unlike some games where negative tactics / wrong subs / wrong team), We still should have been stronger than we were - just look at Yeovil who survived with 9 men against us.

And we have seen what happens when we get it wrong - Conceding 5 at Leyton Orient, 4 at Exeter, The no shows against Huddersfield, Yeovil and Charlton.

We are hugely underperforming - which is why I think that AI has to go. I was just pointing out that whilst we lost, he was a little unlucky, and I felt a bit sorry for him as until the sending off we were good value for 3 points.

soley for the fact that i cant think of a single reason I'd want to watch us play at the moment apart from I have a season ticket , he has to go.

we need to be getting the fans back on board after the last 10-15 years of loosing them for various reasons. we really can move forward now, but not with him (and prob not this season BECAUSE of him)

I admire Mandaric by standing by his manager, but on this occasion, I don't agree with it.

Unless MM comes out and says Irvines job is safe 'til the end of the season, Irvine is forever going to be a dead-man-walking. MM isn't going to guarantee Irvine's job as there is a distinct possibility that our poor run of results will continue and we will be dragged into the relegation battle.

While-ever Irvine is a dead-man-walking, he and the team cannot function properly - every set back during a match runs the risk of capitulation; something our fantastic away fans simply don't deserve.

Futhermore, this a critical few months for season ticket sales; the harsh reality for Mandaric is that sales could be the worst for decades unless he brings in an exciting new manager.

Mandaric has been loyal to the detriment of the club and his pocket; sadly, Irvine must go.

Edited by fife_owl