Irvine on RS

Guest 03 owl

Guest clumber58

Did he also say "Yeovill ae a very good side - there's no question aboot that!"

What he actually said was "Even though they are in a relegation place and were playing away from home with only nine men for the last twenty minutes; Yeovil are a very good side - no question aboot that!"

That's fine - but if he had come off and they had said "So Alan, thoughts on the game?" and he had said "Well I trolled you all and kept punting the ball around but I had my hand round my wee wee tail for 40 minutes L0L" would that then be alright? At least it wasn't predictable right?

He's not a very good manager. I don't like the way he sets the team up - we defend first and attack as an afterthought. It invites pressure. Perhaps we are 'over coached' and the players feel restricted. Maybe we are told to sit off and defend instead of pressing the ball and as a result we invite pressure. Whatever.

But this happened with Laws - people starting topics saying "God did you hear his interview? What a clown, always says the same things, so predictable"

It's rumbleing embarassing. I couldn't give a poo poo if he recites lines from the works of Will Shakespeare in his interviews, it's irrelevant. We always do this with managers - I realise the expectation is high from our fans and rumbleing damn right it should be - I don't think it's arrogant to suggest that with our size, our fanbase and more importantly our potential now Milan has sorted our finances, that we should be very much at the top end of the table going balls out for promotion. At a minimum we should be in the playoffs.

I also get the fact that an absolute corner stone of what makes football great is the emotion involved in it. I get that.

But if we had a kiddy fiddling dog rapist on Owlstalk I think they would get less abuse than Irvine. So he's not very good at his job - fine - but some of the absolute poision people spout about him is phenomenal. Like I said, we had the same with Laws and look where that rumbleing got us.

Let's face it - Irvine isn't the man for the job. I think we've all pretty much settled on that. The fact is he will not be here next season. I'm utterly convinced of that. He might not even be here for our next game. Bemoaning his tactics, his substitutions, his mentality - absolutely, that's exactly what football is about, it's what this forum is for, it's what it thrives off. But the personal nature of some of it... the vindictiveness, the pettiness, the abuse. Maybe I'm old fashioned or just a bit of a cat but I rumbleing loathe it. It's disgraceful. I won't be joining in with it.

Carry on.

drama queen :P

Edited by Hack-Abusi

The problem is though that his football is the same, predicatable and non-commital. 72 mins on the clock, Yeovil down to 9 and what do we do time after time. Advance down the right, reach the final third and stop, no knowing what to do. Sling a hopeful cross into the box that gets cleared by the 9 defenders. Advance down the right, stop, sling in hopeful cross, ball cleared. Repeat ad nauseum. Tommy Spurr was stood on the left and had half the field to himself for about 15 minutes and we used him once or twice. Why not, after the 30th cross has been cleared try playing it to feet through the middle or try getting round the back. It was a performance of a group of players that don't know how to play football together. They know where to stand and when but have no idea what to do with the ball to set up an attack, against 11, 10 or even 9 men.

TBF he was asked about it in the post match interview and said it was the players panicking and just getting it into the box at any opportunity rather than passing it. It wasn't his instruction.

It was very hostile at the end, not surprised they played with no composure. Having said that, we don't have the players to unlock a defence and could've passed it around in front of them all night, they wouldn't have budged and the end result would've been the same, with probably less chances on goal. Just wish he'd have kept Teale on, and took JJ off. That might've made the difference.

Edited by Just_Donny

TBF he was asked about it in the post match interview and said it was the players panicking and just getting it into the box at any opportunity rather than passing it. It wasn't his instruction.

It was very hostile at the end, not surprised they played with no composure. Having said that, we don't have the players to unlock a defence and could've passed it around in front of them all night, they wouldn't have budged and the end result would've been the same, with probably less chances on goal. Just wish he'd have kept Teale on, and took JJ off. That might've made the difference.

But it can be coached, you play overloaded games in training and eventually you pick your way through! You give your players belief by showing them that they can actually do it on the training grownd and it becomes second nature and they take it onto the pitch. You only have to look at Man Ure last night to see what a well drilled team can do, they back themselves every time and more often than not it works. We just worry about what the opposition might do and how we can stop it. Have some belief in your own team and you might be surprised Mr Irvine. That or flip Off!

Just not bothered...

That was the bit when he said it wasn't his instruction to just pump the ball in the area rather than passing or to that effect that scared me lol