Relegation. Was it the best thing to happen?

Guest wistowowl

Guest wistowowl

Its a double edged sword because I think without Relegation we would have missed MM's investment as their have been other clubs in our position this season (Plymouth,Charlton) Do you think he would have gambled on them?

Its a double edged sword because I think without Relegation we would have missed MM's investment as their have been other clubs in our position this season (Plymouth,Charlton) Do you think he would have gambled on them?

Charlton yeah as they have good infrastructure and fan base but not a chance with Plymouth as they haven't got a fan base and everything else would have needed to be built from the bottom.

I don't know how much the relegation devalued us. After all, I think the Co-op bank, at least, were already wanting to get us off their hands - and beyond this, I don't know how much more MM would have had to pay to the loan note holders if we were still a Championship club.

But, nevertheless, I would like to think that we would still have represented a better proposition than both Charlton and Plymouth.

I could imagine us having been taken over but I never imagined that C9S would have invested in us either way. I think MM has a better understanding of our requirements and will invest in us and take a personal interest as well as a business interest.

I think C9S lacked the passion and fan understanding that MM can bring. So possibly, yes, a blessing in disguise in my opinion.

Guest Distraught!

I think C9S lacked the passion and fan understanding that MM can bring. So possibly, yes, a blessing in disguise in my opinion.

There was something else that they seemed to be lacking a great deal of compared to Mandaric.

Dosh! :happy:

Relegation probably hastened the departure of 'the three' but relegation was painful.

All in all if we emerge stronger in the next few years we'll look back on it as something that may have saved us.

Lets just hope we don't ever need it again.

I hate to say it but yes! Without relegation we would never have reached the financial crisis point forcing the Mandaric deal through. If we had stayed up we would still be waiting for 'a deal' to be completed by the end of every month and still have the old guard in charge who had no intention of selling.