Left Back needed!

Unless Jones is to be given a run of games at left back then I think we need a natural left back to replace Spurr.

I would then put Jones at left mid and Teale at right mid!

So a new left back please MM

However he started out spurr is now a recognised left back and if he and Jones are staying we will not buy left back as having three left backs is bit too much

Guest bigblue

Jones needs to be picked in front of Spurr all day long for me. If that happens we don't need a left back. Jones looks to be a very good player, so I honestly cannot work out how Tommy is in the side - totally bemusing!!!

Jones needs to be picked in front of Spurr all day long for me. If that happens we don't need a left back. Jones looks to be a very good player, so I honestly cannot work out how Tommy is in the side - totally bemusing!!!

Its close, but I'd say it's because jones has never on gods earth been a defender . his positional sense is awful

Yeah, plenty. It's close as i said, but if anyone think jones is the answer to the left full back problem they want their heads looking at. I don't think he'd be a bad LM, or even wing back cos he's quite good going forward, but spurr is the better 'defender' of the two IMO

Guest JonTheOwl66

Have you never seen Spurr play! If Jones positional play is awful then Spurr's is non-exisitence!

That's bullshit pal. Spurr is a decent defender, but he doesn't offer what Jones does going forward..

That's bullshit pal. Spurr is a decent defender, but he doesn't offer what Jones does going forward..

We'll agree to disagree, I think he is a poor player getting an easy ride from our supporters because he came through the academy.

He is always 5 yards from his man, Huddersfield goal, Bristol Rovers first goal. Any winger with any pace tears him a new one and his passing and distribution is awful. He's alright in this division but not good enough for the championship. I'd like to see Jones given an extended run at left back and I think he will become more consistent if given a chance. If he ain't then I'd like to see him play left wing with Teale on the right!

Yeah, plenty. It's close as i said, but if anyone think jones is the answer to the left full back problem they want their heads looking at. I don't think he'd be a bad LM, or even wing back cos he's quite good going forward, but spurr is the better 'defender' of the two IMO

you're right jones is not the answer at l/b, but i think when i've seen him he's given 100% , and looks to have a good engine on him...wouldn't mind seeing him in the m/f, though i do think a number of our players need a 'lil polishing up...and he's one of them...

We'll agree to disagree, I think he is a poor player getting an easy ride from our supporters because he came through the academy.

He is always 5 yards from his man, Huddersfield goal, Bristol Rovers first goal. Any winger with any pace tears him a new one and his passing and distribution is awful. He's alright in this division but not good enough for the championship. I'd like to see Jones given an extended run at left back and I think he will become more consistent if given a chance. If he ain't then I'd like to see him play left wing with Teale on the right!

when the balls gone out of play, i've seen the ball boy do him twice...

Its close, but I'd say it's because Jones has never on gods earth been a defender . his positional sense is awful

Blimey it is close but i,d go just for Jones, its obvious the left back position has been a weak spot for 3 seasons and other teams who do any homework whatsoever know this