Giles Coke

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

I really like this guy but something bothers me at the start of the season Coke was storming to try and get in the box and score goals and it worked and he ended up getting a few goals since then he has not been doing them runs as much (i know he won the penalty last night) but apart from that it looks like he is holding back...has Irvine said something to him?

If so then why hold him back, he has proved he can get in them positions so why stop this or calm it down?

Got to start. In the middle.

Play O'Connor (or A.N. Other) and Coke, then wingers on their proper sides. Teale and Jones.

Football doesn't have to complicated.

got to find a place for Miller in our midfield Saturday..... simply cannot be left out on current form

Guest Sheff Owl

Coke and Miller for me the Midfield 2 everytime.

Miller has quality and can not be left out if he ends up on the bench this weekend it will be criminal...

Changes for me this weekend

Semi for Buxton

Miller for Potter

Spurr for Sedgwick(Spurr left back/Jones left wing and Teale on the right)

Coke and Miller for me the Midfield 2 everytime.

Miller has quality and can not be left out if he ends up on the bench this weekend it will be criminal...

Changes for me this weekend

Semi for Buxton

Miller for Potter

Spurr for Sedgwick(Spurr left back/Jones left wing and Teale on the right)

I agree apart from I'd play tudgay on the right with mellor & Morrison up front. Have it, that'll get some goals.

Coke has never really scored that many in his career so it wouldnt suprise me if he's a player that hits purple patches and when confident runs at the box more. Simply having him in the middle with energy, pace and a bit of strength is good enough for me though.

Guest wilkotheowl

He's got some pace on him also.

Very good player.

He is an excellent signing, so I just hope we can hold onto him, & don't criticise him overtly for the odd quiet game,

Another player who showed commitment to our cause & had pace to burn was on loan striker Luke Varney, & he ripped Liverpool to shreds last weekend !!

He was much maligned by many on this site, so I guess he is proving the doubters wrong & our loss is definitely Blackpools' gain.

Please don't let this happen to our better players again & lets get behind the team and their confidence will grow accordingly.

Coke has never really scored that many in his career so it wouldnt suprise me if he's a player that hits purple patches and when confident runs at the box more. Simply having him in the middle with energy, pace and a bit of strength is good enough for me though.

This is what I think about him. Even if he hadn't scored the goals that he had, he would still have been our best player.

It's been a very long time since we have had a player who is prepared to take the ball forward himself if nothing was on. I love how he takes responsibility and goes for it himself to create something- that's what you want, someone who would step up to the plate and do it. Not bottle it and pass sideways/back like potter.