Next Home Game Sign

Who is responsible for changing the Next Home Game sign on Penistone Road.

It still says Carlisle 11th Sept, it seems to be very slow in getting changed these days.

I know it's a minor issue compared to what were facing but I think it's another sign of the endemic incompetence surrounding our club at the moment.

...so who's job is it?

...why isn't it changed?

If there's no commercial value in having it up to date - take it down.

I came over to Sheffield on Monday to have a look around the shop and city and thought pretty much the same myself about it.

Granted most fans will know when the next home fixture is but for those who come from time to time and might not be as clued up then SWFC are missing a trick.

I am sure years ago the board would be changed during the game so when everyone left it would have the next home fixture, could be wrong though.

Whoever changes these signs was on the ball last season as the sign was changed quite quickly, I drive past everyday and I too have noticed that the service isn't anywhere near as quick as it was. The neon sign at the back of the Leppings land stand isn't lit anymore either.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

we are awaiting the new names arriving, these are due in the next few days, in the meantime the Carlisle name has been removed

Caz

Thanks for enlightening me, but surely all the signs would have been ordered once all the (promotion and relegation) issue's had been sorted.

I'm not having a dig, just expressing an opinion. :biggrin:

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Shouldn't we have southampton anyway only played them 2 season ago

Yeah but we didn't know we were playing them until this week.

...oh wait.

Glad to hear it's being changed - perhaps you could put the date of the next game up at least?

&

Surely we have the signs from when we've played these teams before (understand some we might not have done)

this is something the college does for us, we got some interim to them returning to term time, now they are back we expect to have them shortly. We do have fixture lists if someone is unsure of the next home game :)

Caz

I have been saying this for years now. The board should be changed on the matchday to the next game. People who are there already know the next home match is that day, that is why they are there (and if they don't i'm sure the thousands of people milling about may give it away)

Again, only a small number but even as a season ticket holder i don't always know when the next home match is, let alone the ones who pay on the gate or a couple of games before.

Do it Wednesday. NOW!