Playing to Win

Guest Anglofile

No, but I'm a big Patton fan and have read several biographies about him, Ike, Marshall (who lived his retirement here in Pinehurst) and MacArthur.

Clearly, Georgie was was the most colorful and best tactical field commander we had. A true leader of men.

Joe

I was just kidding, by the way. LS uses famous quotes on facebook quite a bit.

We need to apply ourselves like we did in the second half against Bristol City.

Yes we conceded, however, we dominated and really should have scored.

The first half, on the other hand, was utterly woeful.

No option but to play to win, because the "safety first" approach hasn't worked well enough.

Being honest. It is a derby and no one can predict the outcome, notwithstanding previous results. Anything can happen.

You ask, do we play not to lose as opposed to playing for an outright win, I presume you mean under AI? - Yes, undoubtably and it will be same this weekend.

I would say that a quote from Mussolini would be more apt than Patton, in describing the fight amongst our players this season.They have been truly dire. Why should they suddenly step up to the plate?

Don't delude yourself that suddenly it will be a new broom this weekend. If we win it will be by playing not to lose and getting the break/luck, not through domination.

Guest Deleted member

Forget the quotes :angry:

Actions speak louder than words...........................

We've needed action all season...........................IMO it's to late for words.

this

seems like away from home we've emphasised defensive shape and patience off the ball. at home we've tried to follow the same principle but [obviously] trying to cretae more chances. this has worked. putting the ball in the back of the net hasn't.

think the basis is there, but whether it's the wrong playing staff/ineffective on the coaches part/other i'm not quite sure.

just hope that the defensive solidarity can cope with 90 minutes of aerial bombardment.