Michael Gray

Is there much chance for this guy to get back into our team? Arguably one of our best players at the end of last season and the start of this one.

He's gone from being one of the first on the team sheet to being on the bench for long periods.

Perhaps now he may get a chance to show he's worth a place now with JJ out (albeit not for too long), as do a couple of others though.

Is there much chance for him now, or do people think that his age has caught up with him?

for me, does not have the impact on a match he once did.

Offers little to the team IMHO, although it is a difficult choice between him and Soares, who would contribute less

Doesn't seem to have been the same since his injury in my opinion.

I think he's at a stage where he's going to be more effective coming off the bench in say the last 20 mins or so, to hold the play up, that little bit more experience towards the end of a game.

I think he's at a stage where he's going to be more effective coming off the bench in say the last 20 mins or so.....that little bit more experience towards the end of a game.

Agreed.

I don't think he can do 90 minutes any longer.

Guest owls_4_life

If Irvine is adamant that if soares plays on the wing then I'd choose gray over soares. Personally while jj is out I'd have

tudgay soares o'connor miller

Jeffers Clarke

Controversial maybe :)

He's a total waste of space, contributes absolutely nothing, shouldn't even be on the bench.

Why didn't Gray and Jeffers play in the reserves E E did whats that all about Irvine.

It's conceivable that he saw enough of him in the Ipswich game, to make his judgment. Maybe he has adjudged that Esajas is not the player we need right now and is not going to fit into his game plan ? Or maybe he has seen what we all have and that Esajas just totally flatters to deceive

If Irvine is adamant that if soares plays on the wing then I'd choose gray over soares. Personally while jj is out I'd have

tudgay soares o'connor miller

Jeffers Clarke

Controversial maybe :)

I'd agree with that, maybe JJ in for Clarke though, and maybe Esajas in for Miller, and Miller swaps with O'Connor

That would be contraversial :D

Anyway, it's a shame to not see Gray play recently. Agreed with your first point that he would offer more than Soares, but I feel he'd offer the most at left back

It's conceivable that he saw enough of him in the Ipswich game, to make his judgment. Maybe he has adjudged that Esajas is not the player we need right now and is not going to fit into his game plan ? Or maybe he has seen what we all have and that Esajas just totally flatters to deceive

I hope he didn't make a judgement after one game- if he did that with his players over the Reading game then we'd have put the youths out the next game :happy:

Doesn't seem like Esajas and Irvine have made any sort of connection; Esajas not making the bench, and then speeding off after the reserves game perhaps shows something.

We will see, he's certainly someone who, if and when he makes something happen, is a quality player who's a handful to defend against.

Totally agree with you but if your not in the first team get the usless tvvats, especially nesh jeffers, out playing football on a nice

cold evening in stocksbridge instead of him sat at home on his X box nice and warm playing how to steal a car in 60 seconds,

it doesn't take a genius to know which one he'd perfer.