Important point re season tickets and direct debit scheme

Guest Deleted member

This is an important point and needs full clarification.

When you take the Direct Debit option, you are entering into a LOAN AGREEMENT for the value of your season ticket with a third-party.

This means that you agree to make all payments for the duration of that loan agreement.

If you stop making payments, the third party will attempt to contact you to find out why and should no good reason be given and no acceptable agreement made to make the repayments then they will chase you for full payments as any financial institution would.

Liken it to getting a loan to buy a car, or a TV, or a computer, etc - repayment must be made in full as agreed when you take out the agreement.

YOU CANNOT JUST 'STOP' PAYING FOR YOUR SEASON TICKET.

To suggest not to pay in threads like this is very irresponsible especially for the casual reader who might not read the full thread or get to this clarification (albeit everyone should read all the terms and conditions of anything they sign up to).

Guest Deleted member

To suggest not to pay in threads like this is very irresponsible especially for the casual reader who might not read the full thread or get to this clarification (albeit everyone should read all the terms and conditions of anything they sign up to).

Without reading back - has anyone actually done that?

Guest Deleted member

The doctor told me I was paranoid the other day. Well, he didnt exactly tell me, but I could tell he was thinking it...

Guest Deleted member

In several threads, yes.

Blimey i was on all day yesterday and dont recall seeing anything like that. Bloody irresponsible.

Guest ArbourOwl

Could anyone show me where SWFC promise to show brilliant, Top of the table, loads of goals type of football. Im sure it will say we are selling you a season ticket for x amount of game's at this price. SWFC are not promising anything and therefore a refund would be very very very unlikley imo.

Plus surely if you buy a season ticket you know what your getting into.

Guest justin

This is an important point and needs full clarification.

When you take the Direct Debit option, you are entering into a LOAN AGREEMENT for the value of your season ticket with a third-party.

This means that you agree to make all payments for the duration of that loan agreement.

If you stop making payments, the third party will attempt to contact you to find out why and should no good reason be given and no acceptable agreement made to make the repayments then they will chase you for full payments as any financial institution would.

Liken it to getting a loan to buy a car, or a TV, or a computer, etc - repayment must be made in full as agreed when you take out the agreement.

YOU CANNOT JUST 'STOP' PAYING FOR YOUR SEASON TICKET.

Didnt realise this myself until i was made redundant last week. The finance company pay Wednesday the money straight off, and if you cant pay, on the plus side you still get your season ticket, but on the minus side they threaten you with legal proceedings. Only myself to blame, but i just had it in my head that if you couldnt make the repayments you got your season card cancelled.

Didnt realise this myself until i was made redundant last week. The finance company pay Wednesday the money straight off, and if you cant pay, on the plus side you still get your season ticket, but on the minus side they threaten you with legal proceedings. Only myself to blame, but i just had it in my head that if you couldnt make the repayments you got your season card cancelled.

The small print will have fooled many and I brought up this point on here back in November.

That's how I understood it initially, but the club have stated that they prefer people to pay by DD because it gives a regular monthly revenue.

Which is correct??

Guest justin

That's how I understood it initially, but the club have stated that they prefer people to pay by DD because it gives a regular monthly revenue.

Which is correct??

I phoned the finance company, they said the full amount had been paid to wednesday, and if wednesday were willing to refund them, they would look to cancel the agreement. Wednesday say they have been paid in full, and although they were very helpful, its nothing to do with them. I dont understand how the club can say it gives them a regular monthly income. I realise its more beneficial to get the money early regarding transfers, but i think someone from the club should clear this up. I know it will cut into next seasons budget, but how about using some of this money for a decent loan striker.

I phoned the finance company, they said the full amount had been paid to wednesday, and if wednesday were willing to refund them, they would look to cancel the agreement. Wednesday say they have been paid in full, and although they were very helpful, its nothing to do with them. I dont understand how the club can say it gives them a regular monthly income. I realise its more beneficial to get the money early regarding transfers, but i think someone from the club should clear this up. I know it will cut into next seasons budget, but how about using some of this money for a decent loan striker.

That's (more or less) what it says on the OS.

http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/TicketNewsDetai...1896236,00.html

-under "Why does the club feel it so is important to offer this Direct Debit option"

You won't be the only person that encounters this problem. IMO the club are to blame for this they sold you the product as a DD when it was infact a LOAN, the club should have advertised it as in interest free LOAN to be paid off by DD.

I raised the fact that this was a LOAN back in November when all the renewal information was released and I was told to back the club, that the scheme would help many fans pay for S/T and that LS wanted all S/T on a DD and that the scheme was the way forward as the club got a monthly income.

The club is getting the full amount of the loan straight away and not in monthly instalments as originally stated (more spin by the club)

Also why would the club want all S/T holders to take out a loan to pay for their S/T? Potentially causing fans to get into credit problems and possibly being taken to court if they are unable to meet payments?

I can't understand why the club would want this and feel there is a major problem at SWFC that the fans are unaware of.