Important point re season tickets and direct debit scheme

Guest Deleted member

Ideally - and what we are aiming for next season - is that the club itself runs the Direct Debit scheme in-house rather than through a third party.

The reason it has been done through a third party this year is due to the administration of the set up, which we weren't able to do for launch. Hopefully we'll have all that sorted for next year so the money is coming direct to the club on a monthly basis. For now I guess it is more to get people into the mindset of paying on a monthly basis.

Disappointed to see the obvious 'I told you so' camp on here jumping on the slightest of things that, for the vast majority of people are not affected by (and for the others who are affected by it, it is dealt with on a case-by-case basis, I understand).

Ideally - and what we are aiming for next season - is that the club itself runs the Direct Debit scheme in-house rather than through a third party.

The reason it has been done through a third party this year is due to the administration of the set up, which we weren't able to do for launch. Hopefully we'll have all that sorted for next year so the money is coming direct to the club on a monthly basis. For now I guess it is more to get people into the mindset of paying on a monthly basis.

By the way - that was all explained in the original thread in November, too...

1) As you go through the application to pay your ST by installments, you are regularly informed that it is an interest free loan/finance arrangement. If you click to accept at the end without having realised this then you must be a rumbleing garden gnome.

2) It's been clearly stated since October that the funds from Zebra Finance will be given to the club in full for every approved DD/loan/intsallment/finance that is agreed. Of couse this in until (hopefully) next season when the club implement their own installment system.

3) If anybody has concerns, ring Zebra Finance and/or the club. If you're concerned, get in touch with Citizens Advice Bureau or other debt charities such as C.C.C.S or National Debetline

Can I ask why the club chose to market this under 'Get your season tickets now with the Direct Debit Scheme' rather than 'Get your season tickets now with an interest free loan'?