Answer the Bl@@dy Phone

Guest Romish Owl

Guest Romish Owl

Tried to ring the shop about the new shirts on sale today, told I was in a queue, waited for 15 mins to say I was No. 1 in the queue, and flip me the answer phone said they were busy and to ring back later then cut me off WTF.

Rang the main switch to be told that this happens automatically after about 15 mins????????????

So you have no chance of getting through at peak times, but the line still gets the money??????

I then went down to the store, got me shirt and low and behold the phone was ringing continuous BUT NO ONE WOULD ANSWER IT!

What’s the point of having a phone--------------- Come on Lee sort this lot out?

:angry::angry::angry:

Are you joking ??

flip

ME

It was the busiest day in the megastore ever and you decided to ring up ?

If you were going down to the store - why RING UP ??

I was there whilst the phone was ringing and was GLAD they didn't answer it

Either go down and buy a shirt - or wait and buy online

Either way - why ring up about it ?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Romish Owl

Been looking all the week to see if you could still get the shirts still for £25 even though not received my season ticket yet, a quick yes would have been ok.

Can't get up durring the week and did not want a wasted journey, OK!

Guest Baldiniho

I queued for over an hour yesterday and Lee Strafford answered the phone at least a dozen times. Hard to believe but the staff were actually working flat out serving the people who had gone to the trouble to go and get the shirt and were queueing patiently.

Edited by Baldiniho

Guest jimmyowl77

Tried to ring the shop about the new shirts on sale today, told I was in a queue, waited for 15 mins to say I was No. 1 in the queue, and flip me the answer phone said they were busy and to ring back later then cut me off WTF.

Rang the main switch to be told that this happens automatically after about 15 mins????????????

So you have no chance of getting through at peak times, but the line still gets the money??????

I then went down to the store, got me shirt and low and behold the phone was ringing continuous BUT NO ONE WOULD ANSWER IT!

What’s the point of having a phone--------------- Come on Lee sort this lot out?

There's been loads of threads for about a month regarding prices of shirts, with/without season tickets prices etc,

I was there Sat and queued for just over an hour, the phone rang most of the time which were answered by LS leaving the staff to serve customers who had money ready to spend.

Yes maybe they should of had someone designated to answering calls which most will have been along the lines of how much is shirt?. They probabley didn't realise how busy there were going to be on Sat, not as if this is a common problem, I rang Fri dinnertime and got straight through.

I'm interested to see if they post how many shirts were sold on the first few day of trading.

I'm going back to get some of the training gear shirts, they look class.

Guest halloweenowl

i was in the queue sat for over an hour, i tho the staff did well they were runnin about like mad trying to fill up the rails fast as they did the shirts sold, they looked tired and harrassed but kept smiling, heard one lass say the staff had no dinner and only a quick 10 min break all day and that was after stoppin late the night before to get all the shirts out on display, these staff are dedicated to the cause, think we can forgive they didnt have time to stand by the phones when over 300 in shop queuin to be served.

Guest Romish Owl

Look I'm not saying the staff were at fault, after I got the info I needed from the front desk I went down and saw hoe haard they were woking, they did bloody fantastic.

Guest Romish Owl

Look I'm not saying the staff were at fault, after I got the info I needed from the front desk I went down and saw how hard they were all wor king, they did bloody fantastic.

My gripe is we have a phone number direct to the store which I used to ask a question, so has not to have a wasted journey as I live some distance from the ground, this number times out after 10 to 15 mins, keeps you hanging on, giving you no alternative number then taking your money and your back to square one soooooooooooo frustrating.

If the ticket number is run on a similar line, whats it going to be like if we draw one of the top three in the cup, ring up and just as your getting to the front of the queue it times out and your back of the queue?

What should have happened is the number was re-directed to the front desk, then no one would look as they are ignoring the punters on line.

We are supposed to be encouraging old and new supporters not weeing them off.

Just hope the new turnstyle system is not run by the same firm or else we are in trouble.

Guest Hudds_owl

This is still happening now.

Been trying to get through to order a shirt for my dad who's in hospital. Wanted to ring up and get it sorted so I can just run in and pick it up on my way to see him in my lunch hour.

Been trying to get through all morning and despite being told "I am number one in the queue" it rings off.

The initial rush should have died down and I cant see it being busy on a Thursday morning.

It really is Pi$$ poor to be honest.

Guest halloweenowl

This is still happening now.

Been trying to get through to order a shirt for my dad who's in hospital. Wanted to ring up and get it sorted so I can just run in and pick it up on my way to see him in my lunch hour.

Been trying to get through all morning and despite being told "I am number one in the queue" it rings off.

The initial rush should have died down and I cant see it being busy on a Thursday morning.

It really is Pi$$ poor to be honest.

i been in this morning was quite busy was a queue for shirt printing, they seemed to be short staffed i was told this was because half the staff had gone for training on the new system they having in over the weekend, must be easy system if they can learn it in a day, think we can expect more queues! !

Guest Hudds_owl

Could you not just run in on your lunch and get it sorted ?

Not the point really - how hard can it be to add a message saying "Due to it being busy please call in person", they seem to have managed to get plenty of marketing messages on there. I hate to think how much its cost me hanging on the phone when they have no intention of answering it. I ended up wasting half an hour of time I could have spent with my dad waiting instead of it being a 5 minute job of paying.

Anyway, never mind - its sorted now and I'm £150 lighter in the wallet after buying 2 shirts a training top and a kit for my 3 year old daughter!

On a positive side the shirt is fantastic. Best in 16 years hands down. Well done for sorting out a decent shirt from a decent manufacturer.

UTO