Semedo

Guest foreverSWFC

Guest foreverSWFC

I thought he was poor today. Gets of the hook a bit because he's magic and all that, but he disappointed tonight.

The lad can't pass and is very slow in possession, based on tonight's performance. May not be a popular decision but I'd like to see Prutton alongside Lines for a few games, I reckon Prutton may be a bit quicker on the ball and offer more going forward.

I love SemedoI and think he is the best defensive player we've had for years but I'd like to see something different.

Interesting debate this.

In the post Megson era, what qualities does DJ want in centre mid? If its someone who can pick a pass with some battling qualities, then semedo probably isn't the answer. Semedo is very good at what he does but in a passing side he struggles with that side of his game.

Guest christheowl

You've got the wrong man, Lines is our weak link and I have said it all season. He's far too defensive and weak to be playing in that position. Not trying to put a negative spin on us or anything, I thought we didnt play that bad tonight.

I thought he was poor today. Gets of the hook a bit because he's magic and all that, but he disappointed tonight.

The lad can't pass and is very slow in possession, based on tonight's performance. May not be a popular decision but I'd like to see Prutton alongside Lines for a few games, I reckon Prutton may be a bit quicker on the ball and offer more going forward.

I love SemedoI and think he is the best defensive player we've had for years but I'd like to see something different.

He's having to play for two men in centre midfield, most games he plays like two men, today he played like 1.5 men.

Guest foreverSWFC

Interesting debate this.

In the post Megson era, what qualities does DJ want in centre mid? If its someone who can pick a pass with some battling qualities, then semedo probably isn't the answer. Semedo is very good at what he does but in a passing side he struggles with that side of his game.

This. Exactly.

I liked you more when you said that you'd never post on Owlstalk again.

You've got the wrong man, Lines is our weak link and I have said it all season. He's far too defensive and weak to be playing in that position. Not trying to put a negative spin on us or anything, I thought we didnt play that bad tonight.

This as well. Lines doesn't have the composure.

We need an experienced playmaker to see the season in. They are like rocking horse poo though.

Interesting debate this.

Doesn't almost every good passing team have a ball winner? Just because the approach is going to change slightly doesn't render Semedo any less important. Arguably, the change of approach just means the player next to him needs to be slightly more effective.

I really don't think he was the problem tonight. If we'd been clinical we win clearly. We still don't have that deadly number 9, which we haven't had for years. Lowe's got to do it for us, because it's going to be hard to get one in on loan.

Edited by Juror8

Flounce off. Please.

Guest foreverSWFC

When we are looking to take the lead and it's getting desperate he's really ineffective. He works in Megsons team, but I have this feeling DJ will look for someone else who can do Semedo's job and be clever with the ball aswell.