Blackburn away is a real opportunity to make up ground

i dont think the management /coaches/ players /kit man will treat this or any other game as unimportant mate .......so if we lose then thats its for investment till the summer , what happens if we win the next 4 afterwards ?is chansiri going to say sorry carlos no money till the summer me old mate  coz we lost at blackburn .....

That's not really the point is it. What I am saying is with the weekend fixture we can gain ground making it more of a need for investment in January to go for it this year.

If's and buts about losing then winning the next four can work in my favour too. What happens if top 6 win next four after weekend as well?What happens if we lose against Blackburn then lose the next four? He wont invest if we are miles away from playoffs come January. Just business for Chansiri. If he feels we have a realistic chance of playoffs (which will help massively with ground gained with a win against Blackburn) he will invest and go for it.

It very similar, for example, if 24th were playing 23rd. 22nd 21st 20th etc will all see there games as a must win to pull away from the bottom of the table regardless of whether its November or in March/ April/ May. Its a similar scenario just the opposite end of the table.

I think what Shandy was saying is spot on and could have repercussions if we treat it as unimportant/ either way fixture.

If we win we gain ground on top six. I think if we stay with the pack Chansiri will go for it this year with more investment come January, so yes it is a must win game.

We lose this- fall away from the pack then Chansiri will wait until the end of the season.

I think we need to stay at least within 5 points points of the pack by January- anymore and we can forget about major investment in January.

Cheers Southern mate but watch what you're saying - I got hauled over the coals for suggesting it was a "must-win" game. 

i dont think the management /coaches/ players /kit man will treat this or any other game as unimportant mate .......so if we lose then thats its for investment till the summer , what happens if we win the next 4 afterwards ?is chansiri going to say sorry carlos no money till the summer me old mate  coz we lost at blackburn .....

You're not going to accuse Southern of being young and imply that he's naïve then?  I think your answer is honest and balanced here - why not afford me the same respect rather than give it "the big I am" and "look at me" treatment?   

That's not really the point is it. What I am saying is with the weekend fixture we can gain ground making it more of a need for investment in January to go for it this year.

If's and buts about losing then winning the next four can work in my favour too. What happens if top 6 win next four after weekend as well?What happens if we lose against Blackburn then lose the next four? He wont invest if we are miles away from playoffs come January. Just business for Chansiri. If he feels we have a realistic chance of playoffs (which will help massively with ground gained with a win against Blackburn) he will invest and go for it.

It very similar, for example, if 24th were playing 23rd. 22nd 21st 20th etc will all see there games as a must win to pull away from the bottom of the table regardless of whether its November or in March/ April/ May. Its a similar scenario just the opposite end of the table.

There appears to be a strange "understanding" by some posters in this thread that we are averaging two points per game (but the table tells us that we aren't) or that one point away from home is good enough (I assume because those posters believe that we will pick up more three points against other teams when we play at home). 

I would hazard a very good guess that if we don't take more than a point this weekend that a significant number of OwlsTalkers (including some that have posted on this thread) will be bemoaning the fact that we have missed an opportunity. 

Cheers Southern mate but watch what you're saying - I got hauled over the coals for suggesting it was a "must-win" game. 

You're not going to accuse Southern of being young and imply that he's naïve then?  I think your answer is honest and balanced here - why not afford me the same respect rather than give it "the big I am" and "look at me" treatment?   

i´m not getting involved in a slanging match ......all i´ll say is its not a must win game this weekend must win games define your season ,this one wont .

If we can win against Blackburn on Saturday then we will make ground on at least two of the top six.

Brighton play Birmingham.

Hull play Derby

Also, Cardiff play Burnley, therefore, us winning either allows us to move away from Cardiff, move closer to Burnley or both.

I hate using the clichéd term but Saturday is "must win" if we have any designs on a top six finish.

I hope that those posters that criticised me can understand my argument now? We only moved one point closer to Birmingham and Hull.

By not collecting all three points, we lost ground on Brighton and Derby plus Ipswich made up ground on us. Forest beat Reading which was a bonus. It could have been an amazing weekend if we took three points.

By no means am I criticising CC because he is doing a fantastic job nor am I blaming any of the players, however, we won't have many weekends like this where a win could really propel us. Ok, stating it was "must win" was a bit strong but I t's very tight at the top; we need to take advantage of situations like this.

Edited by shandypants