What would be the perfect boxing day match ?

What would be your perfect boxing day game ?

Home or away ?

Who to?

The date is 26th December 2020.

I wake up in luxurious surroundings and turn to face my wife. I put my complimentary robe on and walk out on to the Penthouse Balcony where I look out on to the streets of Barcelona.

Hardly a rich man by my career I am one of the lucky 20,000 recipients of our owners £200 billion handout to the hardy souls that put up with a complete pile of poo between 1999 and 2015.

It is the first season of The Filthy Rich B4stard League ("FRBL") and The Wednesday are one of the 18 participants. We swore we would never like a league with no promotion or relegation where the elite lock themselves into the rewards for evermore.

However, upon reflection we thought f00k it!

I arrive at The Nou Camp in plenty of time, we had to set off early with all 50,000 of The Wednesday's season ticket holders arriving by private limousine. The Nou Camp now has the minimum capacity allowed in the FRBL (200,000), unlike Hillsborough that now engulfs Hillsborough Park and holds 401979. Due to the weekly demand of 2 million ticket requests, season tickets were limited to the poor b4stards that ever watched them in the last 15 years. The capacity was chosen as being a fitting tribute to the now extinct club of Sheffield United. Each row of seats now has it's own pop up giant scoreboard.

Messi is now a little past his best but still pulls the strings for The Wednesday and they run out 7-0 winners over an average Barcelona side. Realistically, it looks like the only team that can keep even relatively close to Wednesday is Dubai Wanderers. Our away trip on New Years Day will be interesting. We fly to Dubai tonight and must leave quickly.

As we leave, I catch the eye of a fellow Wednesdayite. We don't need to speak, we know we are thinking the same thing. Both nostalgically looking back on getting hammered at Stevenage and Exeter and thinking is this really what we want. We then give each other a playful grin, look at our Rolex watches and realise we better get a move on.

All 50,000 Wednesday fans give one last burst of their famous song whilst bouncing up and down "if you don't f00kin bouncy your extinct".

Onwards to Dubai.

UTO

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

The date is 26th December 2020.

I wake up in luxurious surroundings and turn to face my wife. I put my complimentary robe on and walk out on to the Penthouse Balcony where I look out on to the streets of Barcelona.

Hardly a rich man by my career I am one of the lucky 20,000 recipients of our owners £200 billion handout to the hardy souls that put up with a complete pile of poo between 1999 and 2015.

It is the first season of The Filthy Rich B4stard League ("FRBL") and The Wednesday are one of the 18 participants. We swore we would never like a league with no promotion or relegation where the elite lock themselves into the rewards for evermore.

However, upon reflection we thought f00k it!

I arrive at The Nou Camp in plenty of time, we had to set off early with all 50,000 of The Wednesday's season ticket holders arriving by private limousine. The Nou Camp now has the minimum capacity allowed in the FRBL (200,000), unlike Hillsborough that now engulfs Hillsborough Park and holds 401979. Due to the weekly demand of 2 million ticket requests, season tickets were limited to the poor b4stards that ever watched them in the last 15 years. The capacity was chosen as being a fitting tribute to the now extinct club of Sheffield United. Each row of seats now has it's own pop up giant scoreboard.

Messi is now a little past his best but still pulls the strings for The Wednesday and they run out 7-0 winners over an average Barcelona side. Realistically, it looks like the only team that can keep even relatively close to Wednesday is Dubai Wanderers. Our away trip on New Years Day will be interesting. We fly to Dubai tonight and must leave quickly.

As we leave, I catch the eye of a fellow Wednesdayite. We don't need to speak, we know we are thinking the same thing. Both nostalgically looking back on getting hammered at Stevenage and Exeter and thinking is this really what we want. We then give each other a playful grin, look at our Rolex watches and realise we better get a move on.

All 50,000 Wednesday fans give one last burst of their famous song whilst bouncing up and down "if you don't f00kin bouncy your extinct".

Onwards to Dubai.

UTO

roger that. Give me Stevenage away over that poo poo anyday.