Madine was on the pitch today?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Stop bumping it then!

What a daft comment, its a fans forum, and im obviously not alone in my views

You don't half talk some testicles mate.

Guest Big Guns

I can't believe some people are writing him off after a few pew-season games!

Chuffin' daft!

I no and he's scored 2 in 3 games

Is Madine going to be our new scapegoat now Potter and Spurr have left???

flip me he's a young lad still learning his trade, scoring 18 goals most of them for Carlisle last season showed his potential.

I'm not predicting he'll have scored 20 goals by end of next season.

I predict he'll have scored this many by Christmas.

Up The Owls

Are you for real, Potter was not good enough and neither was Spurr.

Every football team has players like that, they get a panning on the forums from the fans,

Im not some thrower stood shouting at our players at matches either,

My point was - Madine was playing? Where was he? I am not impressed by his performance today, I didn't notice him cause any real problems to the defence compared to JJ, Prutton, Reda etc.

He also didn't seem to have much spirit or fight in him,

Like I have said anyway, i was a bit pissed, i don't like negativity on here, see my megson thread....

But this thread won't die so i may as well fight my corner,

I don't care what CMS had done at Madines age, or Hirst or Bright, I care what he plays like right now,

If 13 league goals is great at his age then great, but then we should have two strikers who will get 20 league goals or 40 between them,

If at his age it is wrong to expect this then he isn't rigjt for us,

All this ifs and buts crap, we arent in the CCC aiming at mid table, we need to get out this league,

Lets see how he gets on but I want two better strikers than Madine personally this season

I dont care if he has scored 2 in last 3 he would score a hell of alot more if he wasnt such a lazy bugger, he still doesnt commit to chasing the ball down and chasing back he expects the ball to be to be misile presitionally placed on his head or with in 5 yrds of him. If you could mix madine's goal scoring ability with Amond's ability to chase the ball all over the place and tackleing back and just his deminer then we would have the full package striker. But we dont so untill he works harder and isnt lazy I will still sing Gary madine lazy machine.

I dont care if he has scored 2 in last 3 he would score a hell of alot more if he wasnt such a lazy bugger, he still doesnt commit to chasing the ball down and chasing back he expects the ball to be to be misile presitionally placed on his head or with in 5 yrds of him. If you could mix madine's goal scoring ability with Amond's ability to chase the ball all over the place and tackleing back and just his deminer then we would have the full package striker. But we dont so untill he works harder and isnt lazy I will still sing Gary madine lazy machine.

Maybe somebody should of told Rush,Lineker,Greaves and Law to run about more and chase the ball down.

If they had of done who knows they could of become goal scoring legends.

Guest Sheff Owl

Maybe somebody should of told Rush,Lineker,Greaves and Law to run about more and chase the ball down.

If they had of done who knows they could of become goal scoring legends.

Spot on.

Kevin Phillips, Dimitar Berbatov another two.

Even Steve MacLean never ran around chasing the ball down.

I've never known a player of his size and height fall on the floor as much :biggrin:

kim olsen?

he aint a target man, play him alongside mellor or howard or similar, and youll get more out of him.

hard to believe we are having to defend one of our best young players before the seasons even started. that arson thread proved that there are some people willing to jump down the throats of a player at the first given opportunity.

Guest Owls end

with what gone on off and on the field with mr madine .. :wacko:

will there be office announcement about is future at the club  if true....... :blush:

I can see  most of u have already have made decision on is  future..

think DJ should just try sell him or not? :milan:

Edited by Owls end

Madine - I've had enough of him and the "goal machinists"

He's crap, like Bambi on Ice

Only things he did v.Rangers were as follows:-

Chested the ball down twice
Fell on his arse/knees umpteen times
Took the wrong option in the box umpteen times

Never won a header all night, ok maybe 1

Oh but he did go up to injured players and give 'em a love, in fact twice to Antonio

Get rid now we've got the Albanian/Austrian version of Peter Crouch - and quickly! :Hirsty: