North East Owls

Guest wednesdayupnorth

I'm a lifelong Owl just moved from Sheff to Whitley Bay in August 08.

What's all this black'n'white carry on?

My Mrs is tryin to convert the kids to magpies but am havin none of it!!

Too much like the piggies' old away strip for my liking.

I lived in Whitley Bay and still get up there and down to Wallsend. The pleasures of marrying a Geordie! You're going to have your work cut out there sir. My father-in-law on the first Christmas Day for my son, making him 6 months old, brought him downstairs unbeknown to me, to the dinner table filled with both families, kitted out from head to toe in the 1 year old size full home strip!!. The photograph shows me open gobbed in total shock. One crumb of comfort which I attribute to that experience is that he hates football!!

Best advice is....do the same.....get them both the kit and remember this one glorious fact....they havn't won ANYTHING since 1960 something or other....

What's all this black'n'white carry on?

My Mrs is tryin to convert the kids to magpies but am havin none of it!!

Too much like the piggies' old away strip for my liking.

you wanna watch out for that 150 miles north chap - hes a right dodgey bassad

*waves at 150*

In answer to MASWFC:

Not really much. Families etc does not leave much chance to travel. I still have family and friends in Sheffield so I do try and tie in a trip with a match if I can. Once my son gets old enough I intend on getting to more matches rather than take him to st james park which would kill me.

How you finding Whitley Bay?

Do you get to the Briar dene or the Kittiwake?

If your interested in playing football Ive given up 11 aside but still play 5 aside. Would welcome another owl to show these Mags how to play the game.

Where is the wedding reception being held?

I've seen three or four Wednesday shirts around here and an avid owl (formerly Woodseats) lives around the corner from me.

I've seen three or four Wednesday shirts around here and an avid owl (formerly Woodseats) lives around the corner from me.

Not sure , my wife hasn't told me where i'm driving to yet but look out for a Citroen picaso with an OWLS reg. i'll let you know as soon as i find out

White house social club is where the reception is being held on sat. night 18th October. whats it like for parking and is it safe to park

hi George...can't help you with the North East parking but wondered where you'd be having a pint before the match . ..just for info thers probably 6 of us meeting at the Crown near the dog track at around 11

safe journey to and from the NE

hi George...can't help you with the North East parking but wondered where you'd be having a pint before the match . ..just for info thers probably 6 of us meeting at the Crown near the dog track at around 11

safe journey to and from the NE

Not George but will bare in mind where you are drinking. don't think i will be in time for a pint as we have to get down from ashington on the morning of the match and not sure how the roads will be . if i don't make it please have one for me, All the best, Big Al

Hi Al,

On street parking directly outside the club and its safe around there as it's predominately residential. There is only one other w/mens club up that end of Ashington and it's generally gets around five people in when it's extremely busy. :happy: . The rest of the pubs/ clubs are ten/ fifteen minutes walk away depending on which end of Ashington you are aiming for.

Ashington in general is pretty friendly anyway but as in all places if you go looking for bother then you will probably find it.

White house club is okay with a large room to the left hand side where the functions are held. Quick tip, don't bother queuing at the bar in the function room, just pop next door in the tap room where you will get served straight away, catch a little sky sports and get a game of pool if you're bored.

UTO

J.