North East Owls

Hi Al,

On street parking directly outside the club and its safe around there as it's predominately residential. There is only one other w/mens club up that end of Ashington and it's generally gets around five people in when it's extremely busy. :happy: . The rest of the pubs/ clubs are ten/ fifteen minutes walk away depending on which end of Ashington you are aiming for.

Ashington in general is pretty friendly anyway but as in all places if you go looking for bother then you will probably find it.

White house club is okay with a large room to the left hand side where the functions are held. Quick tip, don't bother queuing at the bar in the function room, just pop next door in the tap room where you will get served straight away, catch a little sky sports and get a game of pool if you're bored.

UTO

J.

Thanks for that lottie, i know what you mean about trouble, its more if your looking for it. Ihave had some great nights out in and around Blyth where " R LASS " comes from. Thanks again for the info

Thanks for that lottie, i know what you mean about trouble, its more if your looking for it. Ihave had some great nights out in and around Blyth where " R LASS " comes from. Thanks again for the info

No problem and have a good'un.

My missus is from Ashington hence me now living up here and working in Newcastle.

UTO

J.

Guest wednesdayupnorth

White house social club is where the reception is being held on sat. night 18th October. whats it like for parking and is it safe to park

Hi guys and gals!

If you're around the Crown on Sunday morning about ten of us will be holding a "barbecue" (very loose term) on the first industrial side street on the right just past the Crown as you walk towards Hillsborough.

We'll be well oiled and surrounded by paraffin smoke / half-raw burgers / empty cans by about 11.00am if you wanna come and say hello.

(Have taken Monday off to avoid not being able to drink/ drive on Sunday!)

Although a bbq behind Owlerton dog track is probably the least glamorous event of the year, this is an established tradition which only takes place before a derby game and it hasn't let us down yet.

COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS !!!!

Guest wednesdayupnorth

Hi guys and gals!

If you're around the Crown on Sunday morning about ten of us will be holding a "barbecue" (very loose term) on the first industrial side street on the right just past the Crown as you walk towards Hillsborough.

We'll be well oiled and surrounded by paraffin smoke / half-raw burgers / empty cans by about 11.00am if you wanna come and say hello.

(Have taken Monday off to avoid not being able to drink/ drive on Sunday!)

Although a bbq behind Owlerton dog track is probably the least glamorous event of the year, this is an established tradition which only takes place before a derby game and it hasn't let us down yet.

COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS !!!!

As an after thought: for the first time ever, if results go against us, I won't have to endure the piggy jibes now I'm not living in Sheff. Will be p+'$%£d off all the same but makes the pain a little easier.

On the other hand, when we win there'll be no-one to give a damn up here, which I'm sure is a bit flat to say the least.

However, we could all meet up to celebrate and chant beer-fuelled Wednesday songs around the Toon which, come to think of it, probably isn't the best idea either!

Looks like celebrating in the shed is the only option left- DANG!

I work at Longbenton for DWP and live in Whitley Bay, I also know several Wednesdayites in the North East.

You're not in Shared Services at Tyneview Park are you? I work for DWP in Sheffield, and sympathise with anybody who has the misfortune to work for us.

Update, Had a great night at the white house followed by a great day at the Blue and White house. it don't get much better does it. :biggrin:

Sound pal.

I had to watch on Sky but enjoyed it all the same! The camera man must have felt sorry for me though as they zoomed in on my mates going mental after about 87 minutes, class!

UTO

J

Guest wednesdayupnorth

Well the barbecue tradition worked again. Yay!!

Nearly died laughing at the piggie whingers on Praise or Grumble tonight via the net.

Bad losers one and all.

And no it wasn't a red card offence for the blunts but we should've had a penalty retake when

fatty Kenny came off the line.

The best team won -UP THE OWLS!

Hi

Lifelong Wednesdayite, lived in Geordieland for 20 years now. Currently reside in sunny Whitley Bay, work at a school in Benton. 14 year old daughter loves Wednesday, 11 year old son loves Liverpool, at least he doesn't follow Newcastle. I don't get to Hillsborough half as much as I'd like to but try to get down whenever I can.