England v Serbia - Germany Gelsenkirchen June 16th

Hello fellow Owls,

I’ve managed to get a ticket for the group game against Serbia but now I need to organise how and where to stay and get there.

Does anyone have any plans for this that they could share? 

It’ll be my first England game and first Euros game so happy to spend a little more than usual! 

• Like 1

A benefit is that you're in the Rhineland, which is well connected. All the trains are very late, but it's connected. So you don't really need to stay in Gelsenkirchen, you can stop easily in Dortmund or Dusseldorf and get there. Plenty of cheap flights from Manchester to Dusseldorf as well. Will be a fun one!

I would stop in Dusseldorf or Dortmund as the train services are good - Gelsenkirchen is more industrial rather than a tourist place - Slightly further afield is Cologne which is also a good place to stay.

6 hours ago, SnowyOwl13 said:

A benefit is that you're in the Rhineland, which is well connected. All the trains are very late, but it's connected. So you don't really need to stay in Gelsenkirchen, you can stop easily in Dortmund or Dusseldorf and get there. Plenty of cheap flights from Manchester to Dusseldorf as well. Will be a fun one!

I took the Manchester to Dusseldorf flight once. It was in June, midweek and in the morning, yet the drunkenness was incredible. We were still climbing after takeoff yet there were 20+ queuing for the toilet. 

Dread to think what it'll be like for the Euros.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Flying to Brussels on the 15th and staying there for the evening. Make our way across on the train to the ground (2 hour 30 minutes train) and hoping the stay somewhere in Germany after the game! Then make our way back to Brussels on the 17th to fly back to Manchester. I am sure they’ll be tens of thousands of England fans to help me along the way. 

What could possibly go wrong?