Will they try it again?

1 hour ago, Castleford Owl said:

I hope they do break away this time. Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and Newcastle. Get gone.

Yep, might make teh top division a bot more competative again (for a while at least). Also might see a bit more money making its way down the pyramid "if it's handled correctly by the FA" (I know that last bit is a contradiction in terms lol)

• Like 1

I hope they do break away this time. Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and Newcastle. Get gone.

Regulator wasnt what stopped them last time.

There was never any intention to make a super league, it was all about giving them extra leverage with UEFA for more money and the respective national competitions to get more money.

If, and its a big if, there ever was a breakaway league it would last about 5 years and then money would make sure either the new league absorbed the old or vice versa, like the PGA and LIV situation.

• Like 2

Feeling the same.

It's inevitable, isn't it? 

You've got the Saudis fully invested in everything now too. Football at the highest level will inevitably turn into the Harlem Globetrotters.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, leftpeg said:

Regulator wasnt what stopped them last time.

There was never any intention to make a super league, it was all about giving them extra leverage with UEFA for more money and the respective national competitions to get more money.

If, and its a big if, there ever was a breakaway league it would last about 5 years and then money would make sure either the new league absorbed the old or vice versa, like the PGA and LIV situation.

There wasn't a regulator last time.

The Fan-led Review of Football and proposals to establish a regulator, which is about to happen, were largely prompted by the last breakaway effort and intended to make sure it wouldn't happen again 

Top level football will end up like the Golf LIV - playing around the world to the highest bidder.

When the fans of Man U/C Liverpool and Arsenal etc.realise that their grounds will only hold a dozen or so games each year with the rest made up of woman's matches and American football, they may kick back.