2030 World Cup: Tournament to be held across six countries in three continents

mirodo

18 hours ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Australia should have world Cup.. 

Why? there are multiple sports more popular there. Why not just have football in the places that really really want it, that have large populations where people can get too. I don't get this obsession from FIFA with switching it all over the place just based on geography. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why? there are multiple sports more popular there. Why not just have football in the places that really really want it, that have large populations where people can get too. I don't get this obsession from FIFA with switching it all over the place just based on geography. 

The Aussie manager was on the radio today and said that football was the 5th most popular sport by viewing but the number one sport by participation. 

Its growing in popularity and the recent world cup has given it a boost

On that basis I guess it fits the fifa criteria for helping grow the sport globally

I'd rather have it there than spread over 3 continents tbh

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Scandanavia joint tournament 

Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland. 

Be sound that. 

Would be amazing.

Lack of £40k+ seater stadiums would probably be a factor. FIFA would love charging a fortune for Heineken and other tat though and claim to be inline with general Scandenavian pricing..

9 hours ago, scram said:

The Aussie manager was on the radio today and said that football was the 5th most popular sport by viewing but the number one sport by participation. 

Its growing in popularity and the recent world cup has given it a boost

On that basis I guess it fits the fifa criteria for helping grow the sport globally

I'd rather have it there than spread over 3 continents tbh

Their population is 26m, is the sport really going to grow that much? Why does the sport need to grow anyway? I don’t want football to eat any further into other sports.