One year since whatever this was

BOOFABI

3 hours ago, Birstall Owl said:

The foul on Palmer @ 6:20 always upsets me, our players didn't really get involved and just shrugged their shoulders more bothered about taking the free kick.

I'd like to think if that happened now that the players would be in Hoilett's face wanting to rip his head off.

Christ, even before watching I remember this one vividly. Never forgave Hoilett for this and the decision to give a yellow was absolutely shocking, absolute textbook example of a straight red. Horrendous, irresponsible "tackle" and refereeing. 

5 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

If you did that to a guy in the street, it would be assault. Why is it different on a football pitch?

You can see right at the beginning that the Swansea player is walking in between the Luton player and the ball which is set for a free kick. The idea is that the Luton player was implying that he was going for the ball but the Swansea player's timewasting prevents him from taking the free kick.

Still a red for me without doubt.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Birstall Owl said:

The foul on Palmer @ 6:20 always upsets me, our players didn't really get involved and just shrugged their shoulders more bothered about taking the free kick.

I'd like to think if that happened now that the players would be in Hoilett's face wanting to rip his head off.

Ref trying hard to prove he's not influenced by the crowd. Happens a lot at Hillsborough for some reason. Total opposite to other teams in other leagues where the refs favour the home teams for some reason 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BOOFABI said:

One day after one of our worst officiated matches ever is the one year anniversary of this madness:

A yellow card for a deliberate assault as a response to timewasting.

Give over. The Luton player ran up to take the free kick and the Swansea player deliberately walked in front of the ball as the Luton lad was in the motion of kicking the ball. 

Nothing to see here. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Give over. The Luton player ran up to take the free kick and the Swansea player deliberately walked in front of the ball as the Luton lad was in the motion of kicking the ball. 

Nothing to see here. 

That is what happened, I don't believe the Luton player is aiming for the ball at all regardless.