Is the Championship all that ?

Another season in league one is fine but it has to be going for the title. To see Wednesday win the league would be a new experience and being the best in the division. 

Championship should be our aim in short term, PL in the long term. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Another season in league one is fine but it has to be going for the title. To see Wednesday win the league would be a new experience and being the best in the division. 

Championship should be our aim in short term, PL in the long term. 

Winning a league would be special

• Like 1

No reason why our club can’t be a stable premier league side long term.

The foundations are in place which is us the fans.

I do doubt it likely won’t happen with our current owner however.

All we need is an ambitious owner who understands football and a forward thinking recruitment policy.

our time will come

9 hours ago, nile said:

All we need is an ambitious owner who understands football and a forward thinking recruitment policy.

You just might be right but this short sentence is at the heart of all off our problems. 
DC is here as long as he wants to be and he can do whatever he wants with our club. There’s nothing we can do about it. 
God knows what a mess we’ll be in if he does finally get bored. 
That’s why I’m trying to enjoy the good moments, whatever division we are in. 

• Like 1

Guest Musttryharder

At least we wouldn't have to play in that Papa John's sodding trophy, and, we would also start in Rd 3 FA Cup if we were in the championship. 

3 hours ago, Musttryharder said:

At least we wouldn't have to play in that Papa John's sodding trophy, and, we would also start in Rd 3 FA Cup if we were in the championship. 

I would happily go to Wembley to watch Wednesday in the Papa Johns final and I’m sure I’d enjoy the final if we won. Would you? 
I’d rather watch us win a trophy at Wembley than watch us struggle in the Championship. Others see it differently.

In 2015 I went to Wembley to watch Glossop N.E in the FA Vase final. I enjoyed the game and the run up to the final. Few weeks before I was watching Weds lose getting gupped 3-0 at Wolves. Didn’t enjoy that much  

I definitely take your point about the FA Cup

• Like 1

Guest Musttryharder
2 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I would happily go to Wembley to watch Wednesday in the Papa Johns final and I’m sure I’d enjoy the final if we won. Would you? 
I’d rather watch us win a trophy at Wembley than watch us struggle in the Championship. Others see it differently.

In 2015 I went to Wembley to watch Glossop N.E in the FA Vase final. I enjoyed the game and the run up to the final. Few weeks before I was watching Weds lose getting gupped 3-0 at Wolves. Didn’t enjoy that much  

I definitely take your point about the FA Cup

Wembley days are good but its just the standard of these competions. Leave it to the minnows to compete. Unfortunately whilst we are in League 1 thats exactly what we are whilst in this league. I think we are a touch better than that. I loved schoolboy internations  but that is at that level. The problem we have is that Wednesday and the support are always seen as a decent size club, bigger in many ways that some if not most than those in the Premier. 

I cant stand being a big fish in a little pond. Are you really looking forward to the likes of Forest Green coming to Hillsborough. Im not in the slightest. I think a lot of this is down to the fact a lot of folk are under the impression that as soon as we  get promoted we are going to get thumped every week. The standard of the championship this year is not that much higher than League 1 but, we have the stigma of being in league 1. All we are doing is lining the pockets of the smaller clubs with the huge away following. How many games have we had where the away following at Hillsborogh as been over a thousand. I think I can count on 1 hand.