Is the Championship all that ?

I'd rather be in it than LG1.  Get what you are saying however, actually getting to the Prem if sensible can set you up to invest money in the  frastructure of the club for years, build decent youth set up etc  etc.

Likes of Norwich, Burnley have banked a few quid, they have no illusions about titles etc, but don't worry about filling accounts or points deductions.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

I'd rather be in it than LG1.  Get what you are saying however, actually getting to the Prem if sensible can set you up to invest money in the  frastructure of the club for years, build decent youth set up etc  etc.

Likes of Norwich, Burnley have banked a few quid, they have no illusions about titles etc, but don't worry about filling accounts or points deductions.

Some fair points but also in some ways supports my feelings. Personally I would rather have watched our last season than Norwich. Awful feeling rocking up to the ground expecting to be hammered. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Whilst a season with wins is infinitely more enjoyable I couldn’t disagree more

If you are t bothered about Promotion following performances then American sports would be better for you.

IMO it’s what makes the game.

Great point about American sports. 

Please don’t get me wrong. I love the promotion seasons as much as the next person but it’s not the be all and end all. Bit like an oasis. Looks great till you get there only to discover it’s as dry and Sh1tty as the rest of the desert. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I want Wednesday to be high up as possible.

League One is a terrible league. 

I won't argue with that. 

Especially when you consider all of my friends here in the US have teams in the prem. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

@Lawrie’s Left Peg thanks for this thread

That's something, which bothers me as well.  Where are our advantages in league one, championship or even Premier League?

I want to get promoted and I want to be back in the Premier League one day, but why? 

For us fans, league one has some obvious advantages... especially it's more likely that we are winning.

Fighting for promotion is such so much more fun than fighting against relegation. 

This is what I’m wondering. Can’t remember what game it was last season, possibly Blackburn, when we were down and out by half time. Me and my son left. First time in over 40 years. Seriously thought about jacking in. Nothing to enjoy and nothing to look forward too. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Genuinely interested what you prefer other than the status of being at a higher level. I have far more bad memories of the Championship than good. 

I like winning games and and scoring goals in L1 and the championship similarly competitive. 

There are a few games in L1 against big clubs and I find I look forward to them more than games in tiny stadiums against (no disrespect intended) lower league clubs. It's not the status, just the competitiveness I suppose. 

That said, I have no interest whatsoever in the EPL. Watching my team win half a dozen games a season and score less than a goal a game is boring to me. I'm not 12 and don't have posters on my wall and get excited when football brands come to town. 

For me the championship is the last bastion of actual football, not the faux EPL version of the sport, a competitive league with some good football clubs in it. 

Yes, recent memories of the championship not good, but the offs seasons were positive and before that pretty comfortable mid table for a while. It's also shown that little clubs like Huddersfield, Luton (and the pigs🤣) can still compete for play off places. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

You're saying lets give up on ambition cos it's tough?

Maybe the players should crack open the picnic blanket on the pitch every Saturday.

Glad you're not a sports psychologist.

Maybe set our targets the same as Accrington or Cambridge..?

• Thanks 1