Do We Have The Best Squad In The League ?

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't know enough about the other squads in the league to say with confidence one way or another.

I imagine 99% of posters are in the same boat.

Exactly.

I've noticed a tendency over the years to overstate the quality of our squad, especially when we're doing well. Some of the valuations people put on squad members during Carlos' first two seasons was hysterical.

We've got some players with Championship experience, but so do several other teams. We've also got players, some on loan. who were unable to hold down a place at higher level clubs.

I would say the squad we have has the potential to be one of the best in this league, but it's still very much a work in progress/

• Like 5

Hard to objectively argue we have the best squad in the League when none of our players feature in the important stats tables. Won’t stop many saying we have the best squad…………… because they say so and they know best. 

Top Scorers

Cole Stockton has the most goals, with 13. Followed by Macauley Bonne and Michael Smith, who have scored 11 and 11 goals respectively.

1 Cole Stockton 13 Goals

2 Macauley Bonne 11 Goals

3 Michael Smith 11 Goals

4 Ross Stewart 10 Goals

5 Scott Twine 9 Goals

Assists Table

Scott Twine has the most assists, with 6. Followed by Max Power and Sean McConville, who have created 6 and 5 goals respectively.

1 Scott Twine 6 Assists

2 Max Power 6 Assists

3 Sean McConville 5 Assists

4 Michael Smith 5 Assists

5 Wes Hoolahan 5 Assists

Most Clean Sheets

Ben Wiles has the most clean sheets, with 10. Followed by Michael Smith and Richard Wood, who have kept 10 and 9 clean sheets respectively.

1 Ben Wiles 10 Kept

2 Michael Smith  10 Kept

3 Richard Wood 9 Kept

4 Daniel Barlaser 9 Kept

5 Chiedozie Ogbene

• Thanks 1

On 28/11/2021 at 17:23, Willie Henderson said:

You mean someone like Nuhui?

I'll get my coat.

I don’t mean like anyone specifically, but as an example Smith at Rotherham seems to start most games and is 2nd top scorer in the league. I’m pretty confident if he was in our squad we’d have more points as he would give us options and furthermore he helps defensively.