Do We Have The Best Squad In The League ?

Not sure, but we must be up there, they just need to carry on playing with the belief that they are.

I think if there was a League 1 all star team we have quite a presence in it.

Luongo, Dunkley, Bannan, Corbeanu and maybe Windass I think would be in it, which is the bones of a very good team.

• Like 1

In terms of squad valuations, in theory we have the most valuable squad so we must be up there. Having said that, Kachunga shows as £1.7 mill for Bolton on the database so it’s not a perfect science lol. 
it’s funny that one guy has replied saying best attack and midfield, yet at the start of the season we had posts along the lines of “will we ever concede this season” and fans worried that it was going forward where our weakness was. Plus last year fans constantly questioned whether all our problems are all down to the midfield (last 2 games we’ve used 5 different players in midfield I think - Bannan, Luongo,  Dele-B, Windass and Byers) - 4 of them were at the club last year. Put a fit and at the top of his game Iorfa into the back line and the defence would look really good again, plus I suspect that we’ve sacrificed a little defensively to play a more expansive game - which I think most would support. 
I’d say a fair few of our team would get into the starting line up of any other L1 team, so we are up there, beyond that it’s how you use the players, the system, whether you have a good balance (we still lack a left centre back and a big unit up front)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't know enough about the other squads in the league to say with confidence one way or another.

Had a quick look at the squads of the top six - it’s hard to know who’s is best - you end up looking for familiar names, but none are as familiar to me as our players

lol 

Saying that, I thought from the start that it should be us and Rotherham as top 2. 

I’m interested to know if the few that laughed at our squad when Moore was stifling them have changed their opinion a bit (now we look better). 

• Like 1

Football is so much about confidence. These very same players looked pretty nervous and fragile a few weeks ago, but thankfully the sap seems to be rising throughout the squad. I’m sure the return of Luongo and Windass has given everyone a lift and we’re starting to look like a solid unit. 

On another note we’ve witnessed a huge squad rotation from last season to this one. Given the merits of the two squads how do you reckon our League 1 squad compares to last years squad?  

We might or might not have the best players but it's about more than that. You need cohesion, desire and a sheer refusal to be beaten if you want to be the best.  Early on there was no doubt we had good players but we were second best to teams who were less technically capable than we are but their organisation and work rate was better than ours. They wanted it more.

Things seem to have changed now, our players seem to have gone from expecting to stroll through games to realising they are going to have to work their socks off or they will be also rans.

I hope they can keep it up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

We might or might not have the best players but it's about more than that. You need cohesion, desire and a sheer refusal to be beaten if you want to be the best.  Early on there was no doubt we had good players but we were second best to teams who were less technically capable than we are but their organisation and work rate was better than ours. They wanted it more.

Things seem to have changed now, our players seem to have gone from expecting to stroll through games to realising they are going to have to work their socks off or they will be also rans.

I hope they can keep it up.

100%.