Warnock - free agent now

Guest hirstysfags

31 minutes ago, the monk said:

If thats never ,no he hasn't 

He's allegedly turned us down once..told MM...thanks but no thanks...the fans would not allow it.

The offer was leaked on a purpose to the press (warnocks idea) to gauge reaction..

It was a firm no from the fans.

38 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

That's not how I remember it. In fact the idea was very polarising, with a significant proportion of our fans emphatic that he was the right appointment and standout candidate and others equally emphatic that his background and previous remarks about our club meant he couldn't be trusted. The debate got quite bitter at times - I remember one fan turning on the Warnock sceptics after he failed to get the job and accusing them of "getting us relegated". Fortunately that turned out not to be the case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

He's allegedly turned us down once..told MM...thanks but no thanks...the fans would not allow it.

The offer was leaked on a purpose to the press (warnocks idea) to gauge reaction..

I'm well aware of that ,I was responding to a post stating that he has said many times he would never manage us ,which he hasn't 

Although I think him not taking the job was more a mutual decision with the chairman 

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I remember one fan turning on the Warnock sceptics after he failed to get the job and accusing them of "getting us relegated". Fortunately that turned out not to be the case.

I can well believe 1 fan said that.

And he didn't fail to get the job, he turned it down. For the reasons I mentioned.

36 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I can well believe 1 fan said that.

And he didn't fail to get the job, he turned it down. For the reasons I mentioned.

But that particular fans strength of feeling about appointing Warnock (in favour) was shared by many others.

As for failing to get the job, fair enough, I should have chosen my words more carefully. I'm not sure he ever even applied, but I agree it was his choice to steer clear of us.

3 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

But that particular fans strength of feeling about appointing Warnock (in favour) was shared by many others.

I'm not sure about the exact numbers but even if it was a significant minority it's hard to believe he would have been a success given the unrest it would cause..even hatred from some. Probably fighting in the ground between our own fans etc.

Just one bad result and it would start.

You must know how hostile our fans are to most managers after a poor run....imagine if it was Warnock.

I think that's the reason he turned it down...MM was blind to the fact until Warnock pointed it out to him.

Who knows he may have hit the ground running and won the fans round eventually...but imo that would be very unlikely.

46 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I'm not sure about the exact numbers but even if it was a significant minority it's hard to believe he would have been a success given the unrest it would cause..even hatred from some. Probably fighting in the ground between our own fans etc.

Just one bad result and it would start.

Totally agree (I was always against, BTW).

Whatever else anyone may think about Colin, I think he was smart enough to see it was never going to be a workable proposition.

• Like 1