The Chansiri Thread

4 minutes ago, Owlbashthi said:

Sorry ma lord still getting to grips with how site functions, learning all the time. (that's last time I read one of your omdt) 

I know what your saying Bashers, comes to something though when we look at the  years of Dave Allen to see if that means we're actually pretty  lucky at present! 

Of course, it's a Chairman's lot to take stick. 

When dear old Bert McGee was in charge I often mumbled and grumbled under the breath "Needs to loosen the purse strings, give Howard a bit to play with, the tight wad" 

Then Richards took his hand at the tiller. Spent money like a man with no arms. Marvelous. Until we were landed with the millstone debt and millionaire players strolling through the motions.

Then I changed my tune 

"Good old Bert wouldn't have let us get in this mess, he knew how to look after the money,  good old Bert"

Being a current Chairman/owner is never going going to win accolades. 

Nature of the beast isn't it.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I know what your saying Bashers, comes to something though when we look at the  years of Dave Allen to see if that means we're actually pretty  lucky at present! 

Of course, it's a Chairman's lot to take stick. 

When dear old Bert McGee was in charge I often mumbled and grumbled under the breath "Needs to loosen the purse strings, give Howard a bit to play with, the tight wad" 

Then Richards took his hand at the tiller. Spent money like a man with no arms. Marvelous. Until we were landed with the millstone debt and millionaire players strolling through the motions.

Then I changed my tune 

"Good old Bert wouldn't have let us get in this mess, he knew how to look after the money,  good old Bert"

Being a current Chairman/owner is never going going to win accolades. 

Nature of the beast isn't it.

Get what yer saying snoots, old Bert didn't have to deal with pampered millionaires that all came into game on Richards watch and got worse until we're at the cesspit we are today. And without doubt the one in charge will always have to accept the flak, I suppose with Facebook, twitter even sites like this it just seems more brutal. 

13 minutes ago, Owlbashthi said:

Get what yer saying snoots, old Bert didn't have to deal with pampered millionaires that all came into game on Richards watch and got worse until we're at the cesspit we are today. And without doubt the one in charge will always have to accept the flak, I suppose with Facebook, twitter even sites like this it just seems more brutal. 

Aye, there's the rub. There's much more scrutiny today than in any other time. Mind you, just as well with some of the shades in the game,

They need keeping an eye!

2 hours ago, Owlbashthi said:

Our last 3 owners/chairman would they be funding us through this pandemic or would things be worse, thoughts. 

Credit where its due. 

They would have made every penny count. 

Tied every young asset up to the club, makes it cheaper for them in the long term.

They would have signed loanees that would have played week in, week out.

They wouldn't have exhausted the club of its long term finance with multi year season tickets options.

They wouldn't have gone wreckless abandon with your money.

38 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Credit where its due. 

They would have made every penny count. 

Tied every young asset up to the club, makes it cheaper for them in the long term.

They would have signed loanees that would have played week in, week out.

They wouldn't have exhausted the club of its long term finance with multi year season tickets options.

They wouldn't have gone wreckless abandon with your money.

Covered it all there mate except the biggest financial challenge since ww2.