Player wages

4 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

🤣 Van Aken £20k a week? Whoever agreed to that needs sectioning. I bet he was on about a tenth of that in Holland

I’ve heard it banded around loads to since he’s signed so it’s probably spot on aswell. He did have some ‘big’ clubs linked with him at the time, agent probably used it to leverage him a fortune. 

Guest LondonOwl313
14 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

About half

Yeah I’d go with about £15-20k for him.

I think the most anyone would say he got at any point here would be £30k, but even that might have been more than what he actually got, it’s the absolute maximum.

Last time he signed a contract though he was 34, just in from the cold, and he signed for 2 years when the club probably would have preferred a rolling one year contract. Plus we were already cutting back as that’s why we released the likes of Hooper. And it took him 4 months to sign it

Everything points to compromise and negotiation with it. So settling on a 2 year £20k a week contract rather than the £30k he’d been on between 2016-19 maybe

8 minutes ago, morganowl said:

those figures are mostly made up. no way is patterson on 17k a week for 1. 

He signed a new contract at Cardiff when they went up. Probably for more than 17k too, it was reported to be 22/23k.

Harris said when he came here it was for financial reasons too. 

10 minutes ago, morganowl said:

those figures are mostly made up. no way is patterson on 17k a week for 1. 

Paterson got a significant wage rise when Cardiff got promoted. He was probably on more than that with them, I reckon we would have had to pay around this to him to get him to move. 

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

Yeah I’d go with about £15-20k for him.

I think the most anyone would say he got at any point here would be £30k, but even that might have been more than what he actually got, it’s the absolute maximum.

Last time he signed a contract though he was 34, just in from the cold, and he signed for 2 years when the club probably would have preferred a rolling one year contract. Plus we were already cutting back as that’s why we released the likes of Hooper. And it took him 4 months to sign it

Everything points to compromise and negotiation with it. So settling on a 2 year £20k a week contract rather than the £30k he’d been on between 2016-19 maybe

yet another looney decision by chansiri , bannan has been awful this season and has been on a downward path for 3 years yet he will get 1 million next season in league 1. 

11 minutes ago, trev said:

Do u think the players who still have a contract have relegation clauses??

Most of the ones that have big contracts left are up this season. Given how poor we have been for the past 4 seasons anyone who has signed in that time must have a clause, even taking into account the fact this is swfc we are talking about! 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Paterson got a significant wage rise when Cardiff got promoted. He was probably on more than that with them, I reckon we would have had to pay around this to him to get him to move. 

id have thought our 20k plus days for wages were over . patterson is a tryer and i certainly wouldn`t ever have ago at him (prob cause he has a right nasty temper) but he ability wise is as bad as it gets ,but he bloody works hard