Player wages

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

The difference in wages between some players in the squad and others can’t create a positive atmosphere. 

Its like that at most clubs though. De Gea was rubbish for a year or so and signed a new contract for over £350K a week. Players like Shaw, first team regulars are probably on less than half of that.

Norwich will have players on PL wages combined with new signings and younger players on much less. Doesn't stop them performing. 

Based on that the wages of the squad as a whole must be in the ballpark of half a million pounds a week or 26 million for the year. Just let that sink in when you see the performances and points return for the last 14 months. Something is very rotten at our club indeed. If DC hasnt already run out of money then he must be fairly close to it. Full scale reset required.

1 hour ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

If those figures are anything like accurate, then it’s an absolute disgrace. 

They might not be 100% accurate but I reckon most of them will be ball park judging by our previous wage bills.

Not sure about Van Aken though. We have had a tendency not to let players go out on loan unless the loaning club pay most or all of the wages. Van Aken spent a year at a small 2nd division club in Germany, I can't imagine them paying £10K a week for him which would only have been 50% based on this. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

They might not be 100% accurate but I reckon most of them will be ball park judging by our previous wage bills.

Not sure about Van Aken though. We have had a tendency not to let players go out on loan unless the loaning club pay most or all of the wages. Van Aken spent a year at a small 2nd division club in Germany, I can't imagine them paying £10K a week for him which would only have been 50% based on this. 

Unless the player took a wage cut?

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Unless the player took a wage cut?

In order to go and play football near the bottom of the German 2nd division? Fair play if that's the case but it really doesn't happen very often. Not like it massively aided his career either. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

In order to go and play football near the bottom of the German 2nd division? Fair play if that's the case but it really doesn't happen very often. Not like it massively aided his career either. 

I’m thinking that a young guy who comes in to a toxic club, has already earned some decent cash, might just want to go to a club (and country) that is more like his own. 

2 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I’m thinking that a young guy who comes in to a toxic club, has already earned some decent cash, might just want to go to a club (and country) that is more like his own. 

He had only earned 2 years of decent cash at that point. If he said he would forego say 25% of this supposed wage for a year in the German 2nd division that's a quarter of a million pounds he would have let go, I can't see it. 

That would still leave us paying 5K a week to him at 25% and the german club paying £10K, which I doubt they would do at that level. 

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He had only earned 2 years of decent cash at that point. If he said he would forego say 25% of this supposed wage for a year in the German 2nd division that's a quarter of a million pounds he would have let go, I can't see it. 

That would still leave us paying 5K a week to him at 25% and the german club paying £10K, which I doubt they would do at that level. 

Different people have different priorities. If he hated it enough here, who knows?