Luton 3rd goal

I like bannan. he will play a deft ball wrong footing his marker but our other midfielders rarely take advantage and play a quick direct ball forwards with the oppo on their heels. lack of confidence i suppose 

are we really having a go at windass for getting a brace and Not Celebrating Right?

Guest Grandad

My lad made the point about all the unmarked players in the box for their 3rd

He said "I'm not being funny but the quality of football we play doesn't seem much better than Swallownest on Sunday mornings"

I put him right on that though. Swallownest are MUCH better than Wednesday

Nothing to do with not having a manager this, its the bread and butter basics of defending.

You mark a man, you go with a runner.... your taught this from about 5 years old.

That third goal is just comedy gold defending.

1st goal Paterson lets man get in front of him. Dreadful effort considering he's a defender first.
2nd goal Awful hold up play from Paterson, dreadful touch, Penny then abhorrent effort in tracking his man and running back. That isn't defending, thats lazy, bone idleness.
3rd goal is an absolute shambles at the back. No leadership, no voice, no shape, no nothing. Bannan letting a player run straight past him, Reach letting the cross in, Ozase and Dunkley is it marking no one leaving Lees 3 players to mark. ******** atrocious ...

There is just no leadership or vocality at the back. Nothing. Since Loovens we've not had anyone that is fit enough to be captain apart from Hutchinson but he's been in and out the squad previous. Stick him and keep him at centre back and make him captain. Bannan is the worst captain we've had for years now. Not a leader. Absolutely not

Moore with plenty to work on but with a completely limited budget and playing squad.

Deserves the keys to Hillsborough and a statue put up outside the ground if he manages to keep us up with this rag tag bunch of wasters

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 28/02/2021 at 10:12, adelphi1867 said:

I've been saying that for the last 6 years.

When teams allow us to play we look good, but when teams close us down we disappear, hide.

Lack of character and moral fibre.

The whole team is mentally weak and has been since DC took over,. In the first CC season we lost regulrly to rubbish teams, It was better the second season. Since then we've never had much resilience. If teams let us play we can look great but if we are pressurised we fold. How many late goals have cost us points? How many times do we come from behind?  

It's not natural. We replace a few players and it still happens, replace a few more, same thing. It's like there's a disease at the club and players get infected when they sign the contract. You would think like Westwood, Bannan, Hutch would be immune but even with them on the pitch it happens.

I hate seeing a team when the heads drop and they give up. We do it regularly.

I've said before, if we go down I would clear all the senior players out including Bannan and start from scratch with hard working, determined players with a bit of Semedo's bottle in them. Build from there and look to gret back to the Championship in 2 or 3 years time.

I just don't know if we can do it with the dead hand of DC at the top.

Edited by prowl

47 minutes ago, prowl said:

The whole team is mentally weak and has been since DC took over,. In the first CC season we lost regulrly to rubbish teams, It was better the second season. Since then we've never had much resilience. If teams let us play we can look great but if we are pressurised we fold. How many late goals have cost us points? How many times do we come from behind?  

It's not natural. We replace a few players and it still happens, replace a few more, same thing. It's like there's a disease at the club and players get infected when they sign the contract. You would think like Westwood, Bannan, Hutch would be immune but even with them on the pitch it happens.

I hate seeing a team when the heads drop and they give up. We do it regularly.

I've said before, if we go down I would clear all the senior players out including Bannan and start from scratch with hard working, determined players with a bit of Semedo's bottle in them. Build from there and look to gret back to the Championship in 2 or 3 years time.

I just don't know if we can do it with the dead hand of DC at the top.

????