Garry Monk Press Conference

Screenshot 2020-10-01 at 09.12.37.jpg

GM “Callum brings different attributes to the forward line to add to what we have. “He’s a good age, good profile and a great guy. He’s straight into training and in contention for the weekend.”

GM “Every game is hugely important. “If you are performing and competing in games, you don’t lose too much confidence if you don’t get the result. “We played against a good Bristol City side and could have won the game, so we need to show we can bounce back.”

GM “I want us to be an aggressive team on and off the ball. “I don’t think we had the right amount of that last season, this season we’ve definitely shifted more towards that.”

Owlstalk Shop

The expectation is always higher at a big club and you have to deal with that. You have to understand it can be a lot harsher and a lot more brutal than where you have been before.

It’s our job to create a new history and do it in a certain way.

We are going to be remembered for what we do this season. We are trying to make sure we are remembered for the right reasons.

That shirt has to be worn with full commitment. I have always viewed that as a player and a manager. We are at a big club with a big expectation but they are showing the right attitude.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Good stuff so far, and that perhaps is the one noticeable difference from last season, our fight all over the pitch. What we have to do though, is capitalise, when we have knocked teams out of their stride. It’s hard to press that intensely for a full 90 mins, although subs can help with that, so you need to make sure you’ve established control of the game before you run out of steam

• Like 1