Harris as a center forward?

On 24/08/2020 at 11:14, Smackavolley said:

BORUKOV

Here's the answer. He's signed for:

SFC Etar Veliko Tarnovo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SFC_Etar_Veliko_Tarnovo

If that the only bit you read? Because if you'd read any more you'd know he had offers from English clubs, but turned them down to stay in Bulgaria during Covid. Can't really blame him given we have more cases in 2 weeks than they've had total!

He's only signed a 1 year deal with Etar, presumably because it's 100% a stepping stone for him. We can expect him to play games and to score goals. Will keep an eye to see where he goes next summer.

Guest Smackavolley
50 minutes ago, cookeh said:

If that the only bit you read? Because if you'd read any more you'd know he had offers from English clubs, but turned them down to stay in Bulgaria during Covid. Can't really blame him given we have more cases in 2 weeks than they've had total!

He's only signed a 1 year deal with Etar, presumably because it's 100% a stepping stone for him. We can expect him to play games and to score goals. Will keep an eye to see where he goes next summer.

Yeah it was the only 'bit' I read because it was the only bit that was in the article I saw. 🤪

'Scouting Team player Preslav Borukov (23/04/2000), striker from Bulgaria, signed a 1 year contract with Bulgarian L1 club PFC Etar. Preslav Borukov joined PFC Etar from Sheffield Wednesday FC. Scouting Team wishes Preslav Borukov and his new club PFC Etar good luck for the season 2020/2021.'

Funny that innit?

Have you seen him play BTW.? I have. A number of times.

2018 (Jul) - 2020 (Jun)Sheffield Wednesday FC - U23  England 43 games 9 goals

2016 (Jul) - 2018 (Jun)Sheffield Wednesday FC - U18  England 43 games 14 goals

I saw he played yesterday for Etar. No goal.

Good luck to the lad. He's done no harm to me but why do you 'expect him to play games and score goals? His goal return last season was horrific and that's at development level. I'm sorry but in my opinion the lad is overrated by a large number of fans who have never seen him in the flesh. His PR team, well that's another thing they're world class.

Offers from English Clubs? Who?  I don't want to travel to Catalonia, so that's Barcelona disappointed.

Edited by Smackavolley

Guest Smackavolley
1 hour ago, cookeh said:

Classic Wednesday fan.. kid plays 67 minutes, doesn't score, so therefore must be garbage.

:ghoulguy:

Wind your neck in. What are you on about?

I've provided his last 4 years stats and added that I've seen him regularly for the U18's and U23's. Since 2016 that's 23 goals in 87 appearances at a standard that's way below championship level. Don't put words in my mouth, saying I think he's garbage because I acknowledge playing U23 football is an achievement for any young footballer. I just think a lot of people who follow their football on a computer, think the lad is better than he is. I also can't fathom why, in your words "We can expect him to play games and to score goals" . On what basis? His stats suggest otherwise.

However it's you who is displaying the classic 'Wednesday fan syndrome' by suggesting we've let a future superstar slip through our fingers. Apart from a few clips, have you actually watched him closely or in the flesh? 

On 14/08/2020 at 09:49, cookeh said:

Just a thought.. and one that'd been in my mind since before we ended up with 1 striker on the books.

His pace is obviously frightening for any central defender to deal with, much as we saw Murphy run clear a few times when he drifted inside.
He's decent on the ball and already understands how to work an angle for a shot.
His finishing isn't actually that bad, he's mostly been restricted to shooting from outside the box, and but for a handful of really good saves he could have been pushing double figures.

LWB is not the best use of him as he is very much a forward-minded player. Probably needs to work on his movement as it's a bit different in the middle, and as with any striker, sharpen up the shooting. But given the circumstances and given his attributes, I think we could do a lot worse. Especailly if we're workig on a tight budget and need to being in half a dozen starting players.

I think this is happening.... Tomorrow. 

So we'll all soon find out how good his finishing is inside the box, under the tutelage of Goal Mayster, James Beattie.

On 28/08/2020 at 10:58, jonnyowl said:

Instead of wondering if Harris could make a striker, how about the club just gets its arse in gear and sign 3 good strikers!

Or we could play Reach up top!

Even I wasn't daft enough to consider that!