Harris as a center forward?

Just a thought.. and one that'd been in my mind since before we ended up with 1 striker on the books.

His pace is obviously frightening for any central defender to deal with, much as we saw Murphy run clear a few times when he drifted inside.
He's decent on the ball and already understands how to work an angle for a shot.
His finishing isn't actually that bad, he's mostly been restricted to shooting from outside the box, and but for a handful of really good saves he could have been pushing double figures.

LWB is not the best use of him as he is very much a forward-minded player. Probably needs to work on his movement as it's a bit different in the middle, and as with any striker, sharpen up the shooting. But given the circumstances and given his attributes, I think we could do a lot worse. Especailly if we're workig on a tight budget and need to being in half a dozen starting players.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Guest domSWFC

Harris has been at his most effective at LWB. I think him running from deep drives us forward and he can get at the full back whilst in full flow. 

8 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Just a thought.. and one that'd been in my mind since before we ended up with 1 striker on the books.

His pace is obviously frightening for any central defender to deal with, much as we saw Murphy run clear a few times when he drifted inside.
He's decent on the ball and already understands how to work an angle for a shot.
His finishing isn't actually that bad, he's mostly been restricted to shooting from outside the box, and but for a handful of really good saves he could have been pushing double figures.

LWB is not the best use of him as he is very much a forward-minded player. Probably needs to work on his movement as it's a bit different in the middle, and as with any striker, sharpen up the shooting. But given the circumstances and given his attributes, I think we could do a lot worse. Especailly if we're workig on a tight budget and need to being in half a dozen starting players.

Positives for Harris is his pace, he works hard and can beat a man out wide.

Negatives, very poor finishing, and poor delivery when in good positions.

We are in big big trouble next year if he is our preferred striker choice

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Posts like these show that being a Manager isn’t as easy as people may think. 

or it shows that recovering the club from the state that Monk's got it into isn't easy.

I'd have kept Nuhiu and Borukov and this wouldn't even be a consideration.

• Haha 3

Problem is he’s very predictable. One thing that’s not helped our wingers this season is that our full backs don’t go on and overlap to create an overload in a wide area. 

We have very simply got the ball out wide to Harris/Murphy/Reach and just expect them to beat 2 players and put a cross in. 

• Like 2