Jordan O’Brien U23s

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Good luck Jordan and remember... “Adversity introduces a man to himself.” use it as a weapon to prove people wrong

He said thank you and he’s going to evaluate where he went wrong and work hard to correct that and improve. There are a few avenues opening up for him now so here’s hoping Dave.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

First off Jordan and our entire family would like to tell you that it was a total privilege and honour for Jordan to have been involved with such a wonderful club. Our humble gratitude to have met Steve Haslam and have him involved developing Jordan and the support he gave him was second to none. The coaching staff, and physio/sport science who looked after him with his lengthy lay off was terrific and our gratitude is never ending. We are certainly going to miss going to watch him play at Wednesday and to play at such a iconic place like Hillsborough swelled my heart with pride so I can only imagine how Jordan felt running out the tunnel. He leaves Wednesday a double U18s title winner and has told me he wants to repay the Wednesday coaching staff and Steve Haslam by returning to the Club as a proven player in 5 years time. Special thanks to Ken Ryder and Big John in admin and every single one of you guys on here for your support of Jordan and his teammates. I will be sticking around to chip in every now and again and to keep you updated on Jordan’s journey back to Wednesday. Thank you all so much.

Best wishes to Jordan, you, and the rest of your family John.

Hopefully he does make it back at some point and I’m sure with an attitude like that and with the clear sensible head he has on his shoulders he will have a great career. 

All the best, EO

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Best wishes to Jordan, you, and the rest of your family John.

Hopefully he does make it back at some point and I’m sure with an attitude like that and with the clear sensible head he has on his shoulders he will have a great career. 

All the best, EO

You may be hearing about him more  on a regular basis EO 😉

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

Unfortunately he wasn’t just quite good enough to warrant that extra year mate.

Love the honesty pal. All the best to your boy!!

Cheers John, it was good of you to come on and post that.

Must admit I was gutted for Jordan and yourself, your commitment to travelling around watching him play tells it's own story, which I have no doubt will encourage and spur him on to succeed.

All the best and good luck to Jordan in his career.

• Love 1

On 23/06/2020 at 16:12, John O'Brien said:

First off Jordan and our entire family would like to tell you that it was a total privilege and honour for Jordan to have been involved with such a wonderful club. Our humble gratitude to have met Steve Haslam and have him involved developing Jordan and the support he gave him was second to none. The coaching staff, and physio/sport science who looked after him with his lengthy lay off was terrific and our gratitude is never ending. We are certainly going to miss going to watch him play at Wednesday and to play at such a iconic place like Hillsborough swelled my heart with pride so I can only imagine how Jordan felt running out the tunnel. He leaves Wednesday a double U18s title winner and has told me he wants to repay the Wednesday coaching staff and Steve Haslam by returning to the Club as a proven player in 5 years time. Special thanks to Ken Ryder and Big John in admin and every single one of you guys on here for your support of Jordan and his teammates. I will be sticking around to chip in every now and again and to keep you updated on Jordan’s journey back to Wednesday. Thank you all so much.

Thanks for the kind words and delivering a better youth update system than the club itself! I’m sure Jordon will go from strength to strength and look forward to tracking his progression. Feel free to remind him that some very talented players have gone on from a Wednesday rejection to great great heights! From Cantana to Kovacevic, Vardy to Afobe. 

Please keep us posted on the next exciting step in his career and hoping we can keep tabs on him! 

All the best to both of you! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1